The Dust of Everyday Life

Epilogue.

Dear Alice,

I don't want this to come off as creepy, because I know we're not dating, and I know I'm leaving for college in a few weeks, but I just had to tell you.

I really like you, Alice. Hell, maybe I even love you.

You're so wonderful. From the moment I saw you, I knew you were someone I wanted to know. And it wasn't just because you were beautiful. I mean, you were, you are. But it wasn't just that.

When I see you, it feels ten degrees warmer. You make the sun come out, Alice. I swear, every time you smile, it's like the whole fucking sun has turned and is shining on just us, Alice. Please don't think this is creepy. I don't mean it that way.

I just like being near you. I really like spending time with you, and I really like seeing you. You're intriguing and engaging, and you're so easy to talk to. Holding a conversation with you isn't hard like it has been for me in the past. I'm shit with women.

I really hope you find this note. I'm leaving it in your car and who the fuck knows if you'll ever find it. But I said what I had to say.

You're beautiful, and you're smart, and you're funny, and I love you.

That's all.

From: Jay

P.S. - I know I'll be in college, but please stay in touch. It would kill me if I never heard from you again.
♠ ♠ ♠
That's the end, everyone.
Thanks for all your wonderful, amazing, beautiful comments.
You're all great in every way and I LOVE YOU.