Status: Here we go !:D

The Summer List

The Good Part: Alice K.

I swear the hands on the clock were mocking me and ticking by ever so slowly. They knew I had places to be and things to do and yet still...the minutes crept by agonizingly slow.

Mrs. Rodriguez had gone off on some rant about her commute to work and all of the trivial problems of her everyday life, once again, for most of the class. Of course I was use to them by now, seeing as I had spent my fair share of days in her art class where seldom was a pencil put to paper or a paint brush to canvas, or at least that was the case for my table. We hardly managed to get work done between all of the hilarious events that distracted us ninety-nine percent of the time.

Things were different in the beginning of the year when the entire table was friends but now I was wedged between Fluffy and Iris in attempts to avoid the painfully beautiful boy to whom I'd given my first kiss and in return had broken my heart. Sounds tense but really, I'm bored with it.

"Now, you may get your materials and begin work," Mrs. Rodriguez finished her lecture in the thick Spanish accent I've come to think of as familiar and slightly Romanian.
The bell rang-just when we were about to start class! Perfect timing right ? I shook my head and made my way through the herd of children to the door.

Outside in the hall things were already looking up. Everyone was buzzing with talk of end of the year and Summer plans. Believe me, this was something to be excited about.

This Summer I am going to do something with my life. I am going to stay with my cousin in California and really step out of my shell- something I am totally looking forward to doing. Meanwhile, I had the buzz of home life that was at a pivotal stage of the year. The stage I liked to call ' The Good Part '.
I called it this due to the fact that there was always something to do, not to mention all that followed after.

This was the period just after finals and the time of last minute club acts, end of year scandal, and best of all, the first taste of fun in the sun.
Fun that would begin as soon as I step outside of those doors...

My eyes were trained on the blue double doors just up ahead. The bikini I wore under my shorts and off - the - shoulder top dying to be exposed to the sun I knew was outside waiting.

Almost there...

I quickened my stride and soon enough I was home-free ! Woot woot !

The bike I had neglected for so long until my recent decision to paint it blue road along the sidewalk effortlessly, leading me to the lake where my friends Ishshah, Kia, and Carl, were waiting.
I loved riding my bike now. Ever since I'd read ' Along For The Ride ' by Sarah Dessen I'd loved the idea of riding bikes and all the possible places they could take you. Before I knew It I had arrived at the rusted metal gate on my Tio Giovanni's property. Hopping off my bike I unhitched the latch, parked my bike by the entrance, and made my way to the tree's that concealed Dry Water Lake, shedding pieces of clothing as I went. Before I reached the bank I unzipped my bag and removed the water balloons I had hid there right before 7th period.

'A little something to kick off the fun...' I thought, closing my bag, setting it on the floor and running forth into the clearing at the lakes edge.

"AHHHHHHH!" I screamed. Ishshah squealed in all of her high pitched glory while I chucked the balloons at them. Sending them running, scattering like ants under an approaching shoe.

Yes...the sweet taste of sun and Summer fun. Sadly, it was only a taste.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and boring but it's only the beginning. It won't last long I promise ! I hate writing boring crap but a story's gotta start somewhere right ?