Status: Here we go !:D

The Summer List

Well Tickle My Toes !

The sun beat down on my exposed legs and shoulders as I dragged my two suitcases out of the crowded L.A. airport. You have no Idea how glad I was to be off of that flying death trap and out in the sun. I looked around for a woman with long blond hair and blue eyes, fitting the description shown to me by the picture of my aunt in my hand, noting all the different people bustling around.

There was a woman with an extremely large hat complete with feathers and all yelling into her phone at the poor sucker on the other end, a suspicious looking man in a suit and aviators, a family of four dressed in classic tourist attire, and lastly- an amazingly hot guy walking toward me.

He has a full head of glossy brown curls and eyes to match, a natural tan that rivaled those of Jersey Shore, and a great build. Definite change from the boys at home in Florida, surprisingly. You'd figure they would be hot but nooo. All I get are hairy tourists in speedos or puberty ridden snots.

"Hey, are you Alice by any chance?" He flashed a timid smile, hands in his pockets.

I figured now was as good a time as any to turn on the charm. Maybe it's the change of scenery ?? I flashed a full smile.

"Yeah, that would be me. Uh, you don't look like Lena," I said, comparing the petite lady to him.

Tall, tan, and handsome laughed and I swear I fell in love. "She's actually
in a bit of a bind at the bakery so she sent me to get you and help you set up shop, I guess. I'm Allen by the way," Allen was picking up my suitcases and leading me off to the car as we spoke. I casually fluffed my shoulder length brown hair and wiped at the sweat forming near my brow, thanking the stars that I had decided to come to Cali.

The car ride to Lena's condo in Long Beach was hilarious. Allen turns out to be the funniest guy I've met yet. We talked and talked about everything until we pulled up to the two story building that was to be home for the next two months

"So this is it. I'll show you inside. Lena has a surprise for you later so you can get settled and then I'll be back to pick you up."

I turned my gaze from the pretty blue, white, and lavender living room back to Allen. "Your leaving?"

"...Well, yeah. I didn't think you'd want me to stay-but I totally could If you want." I nodded my head and continued looking around.

The kitchen was simple. It was connected to the living room, separated only by a marble Island surrounded by stools. On one side of the living room there was a staircase, curving up the wall to the second floor. I walked upstairs and was facing a hallway with a door to a
balcony at the end. There were two doors, one at the left end of the hallway and one across from it.

"Which one is mine ?" I called out. "The one on the right." Allens voice was right behind me, making me jump. He laughed again and I smiled.

You know, I've never believed in love at first sight but after seeing my room, I'm a believer.

It was decorated almost the same as the living room. White walls, soft grayish carpet-the kind that squishes between your toes. The bed was placed diagonally in a corner decked out in a lush white comforter and loads of multi-sized pillows ranging in color from dark purple and blue to light purple, blue, and white. There were empty shelves on the wall next to it waiting for me to fill up the spaces. Double doors covered by white curtains were on the left wall and curiosity got the best of me.

I walked over to the doors and slowly pulled them open..

A gust of wind painted in the salty smell of the ocean blew into the room, causing my hair to whip around my face. The view was AMAZING! The ocean was right there-like right there! Across the street, right there. The balcony stretched all the way down to both corners of the condo, sharing itself with Lena's room as well.

"Beautiful right?" I had forgotten Allen was here with me. "I can't believe I'm here, feels like I'm dreaming. You know the feeling?" I turned around and came face to face with a sight so beautiful, it was frightening.

My breath caught in my throat. His eyes were all liquid-like because of the sun and his hair caught the golden rays in an absolutely beautiful way-forget the view. I noticed the amused look on his face last and, realizing I'd been staring, looked away.

"I'll let you get ready now. We have to leave in an hour so shake a leg." He still had that smirk on his face as he closed my bedroom door, leaving me staring after him like a lost puppy.

~~~
"Don't worry, I won't let you hurt yourself." Allens voice was just above a whisper in my ear.
He had one hand over my eyes and the other on my shoulder as he steered me to our mystery destination. The butterflies in my stomach flew around like mad with all the excitement surging through my veins. I think it's a mix of the waves crashing in the background, the sea air in my lungs, Allens closeness, and just the overall high of being here in the first place.

"Step over this log...and here we are."

His hands left my face and my eyes were graced with a gorgeous sight.

We were at a clearing in the woods that led to the beach where there was a large bonfire set up in the middle with guests milling around with the happiest of smiles.

"Hey ! Shes here!" The woman I noticed as my aunt came running over.

"Oh, look at you sweety! Your so adorable-I can't believe this is the first time I'm seeing you in person." She enveloped me in a hug and I noticed how much taller I was then her. She reminded me of Alice from Twilight.

"It's good to see you too! Mom hasn't shut up about you, forever telling stories of when you guys were my age."

"Oh, God. I feel bad for you." Lena chuckled and began leading me to the crowd.

"I hope Allen has been a great host so far."

"He has, don't worry." I flashed a small smile to Allen.

"Good. Everyone this is Alice, Alice this is everyone!" All the crowd raised their cups and bellowed, "WELCOME HOME!"

I waved a little in return. "Okay, so I'm not gonna bother with introductions, Allen show her around, have a great time!"

I watched her flit off to a group of people, actually glad that there wasn't a big fuss over me. I hated smiling and waving and making forced conversation.

"So, want something to drink?" Allen was standing there holding two cans of Cherry Coke that I hadn't even noticed he'd gone to retrieve.

In response I grabbed the soda and smiled. "Let's go for a walk." I decided and headed down toward the water.

I really like the beach at night, it's a whole different story than the daytime crowded scene everyone is so crazy for. I actually prefer to have this long stretch of sand and ocean to myself sometimes, maybe with the company of another person or two but nothing compared to the loads of people who come here during the day.

"Hey, Allen ! Wait up !"

Running down the beach in a very small bikini was a redhead. I glanced at Allen and for a second I saw the tiniest flicker of something odd in his eyes.

"Hey, Kim." His voice definitely betrayed what he tried to hide in his facial expression.

When Kim reached us she jumped up and wrapped her long legs around his waist, kissing him as if it were the last time she'd see him. Awkward with this whole scenario, I looked away and sort of stepped back. When a few minutes had passed I decided to leave them to their make out session and headed off down the beach alone.

See, these are the times when I really appreciate my preparedness. I never leave home without my ipod in case I'm absolutely sure I won't use it and this isn't one of those times.

And so, pushing all of that weirdness with Allen out of my mind I found the song of the night and hit play.

Pretty soon I found a spot where the waves came up, tickled my toes, and then retreated only to repeat the cycle where I sat and made myself comfortable. So lost in the music that seemed to be coming from the sky, like in the movies where the music is just coming from nowhere, that I didn't notice someone else on the beach not too far from me.

I turned my head away from her wondering if I wanted to say hi or something. She, however, made up my mind when I saw her getting up to go and figured I should say something, anything. So I pulled the headphones from my ears and was about to speak when she ran off, leaving a spray of sand and a book in her wake.

'Well then,' I thought, figuring that maybe today just wasn't my day.

Walking over to the book she left in the sand I dusted off my hands, curious about what was inside but not wanting to be nosy.. Once I held the book I looked up just to see if she were anywhere around so I could return it but seeing as she wasn't I began to open it, but then stopped myself.

I wouldn't open it, I mean, if it's a diary or something then I know I wouldn't want anyone to read it if it were mine.

So I returned to my spot on the sand, book resting beside me in all its mysterious glory, and continued to listen to the music from the sky.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Yay ! Another one, please please Pah-Lease! Let us know how we're doing ??