Status: Here we go !:D

The Summer List

Told You, You Weren't Gonna Die

I was downstairs sipping hot chocolate when HE showed up.

I mean, it's not like I'm mad at him but I don't necessarily enjoy being ditched on my first day here so he could makeout.

"Yes?" I said in my sarcastically polite voice.

"Okay, I get that your mad at me, so don't pretend. It makes me feel bad," Allen followed me to the living room where I picked up my mug and waited for him to fill in the blank.

"Let me make it up to you. I don't want to start things off on the wrong foot. What do you say?"

I casually sipped my hot beverage and put it down on the coffee table. "This better be good," and went to go and get dressed.

Upstairs when I was accessorizing at my dresser I looked up at the picture I took last night of Jori, Charlotte, and I. It just so happened to be that when I was hangin' out on the beach last night I met someone else, Jori, and she encouraged me to go and look for the girl who left her journal, Charlotte.

We found her and we all started talking, surprisingly it wasn't awkward at all as far as I can tell. I took a picture because that's what I do and It was just the perfect opportunity, you know ?

Anyway, I gave myself the once over and, liking what I saw, grabed my small messanger bag and headed downstairs where Lena and Allen were staring blankly at the TV. no conversation being made and an awkward something in the air.

I cleared my throat and Allen jumped up, an eager and relieved look on his face.

Lena just sat. I noticed she had her angry brows on...

"I won't even ask. Let's go Allen, get ready to dazzle me." I had already crossed the room and stepped outside, Allen right behind me.

~~~

The dry mountain dirt clumps fell away from my feet and scared me half to death for the thousandth time.

"I can't do it !" I shouted even though Allen was right there.

"Yes, you can. Now stop yelling and hold my hand. Your not going anywhere, promise. This is just a little climb."

Little ?! This was NOT little! It was extremely steep and I swear my last day on Earth would be on this dreaded not little mountain.

"Okay, let's try again," i said, inhaling and exhaling.

I dug the toe of my boot into one of the foot ledges and carefully stepped up placing my foot on the next, bringing me higher to the cliff above. And it went like that the rest of the way, before I knew it I was climbing over the ledge.

"Ha ! I did it ! " I yelled, standing and dusting off my knees. "Told you you weren't gonna die," he smirked and put his shades on. "Now come on, time to be dazzled."

I smirked in return, following him to wherever it is we were going.

I looked around at the empty cliff top. The only plus I saw about climbing up here was the breeze that carried the ocean air, other than that there was nothing but scrub and scrawny trees.

"Here."

I looked up and certainly was beyond dazzled.

We were on the other side of the cliff. To the right there was the city skyline and to the left and straight ahead was nothing but ocean, and dock, and sun, and beach. It was amazing. The sun giving everything that summer glow.

"Forgive me now?"

I looked at him, wondering why he even had to ask.

"Duh."

I pulled out my camera and took pictures of the view and a few of Allen and I.

We made silly faces, serious faces, cute faces, and plain old cheesy faces. All of which were going to be included in my scrapbook.

"Let's celebrate your latest achievment with ice cream, yeah ?"

I nodded.

"Ice cream it is."

I had a banana split. One more thing I could cross off on my list of things to do this summer, The Summer List is what I call it.

"Thanks Allen," i said with a smile, snapping a picture of him mid lick on his chocolate double-scoop.

"No problemo, beautiful."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry It's short :P

That happens every now and then.