Status: Here we go !:D

The Summer List

Beach Party

I tunred on my phone, found one voicemail. It was from Charlotte, my new friend. Something clicked when I called her that. I pressed the talk button and lifted the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" came Charlotte's voice.

"Hey, Charlotte! It's Jori. I just saw that you called... Sorry I didn't answer. I turn my phone off while I'm sleeping."

"That's okay," she said excitedly. "What's up?"

"Nothing at the moment, but, hey, I was wondering. I got invited to a party this Friday, and they told me to bring my friends. Would you like to come?"

"Oh yeah, that'd be cool," she said nonchallantly.

"Great! Meet me at the part of the beach we met at at seven thirty, okay?"

"You got it."

"Alright, I'll talk to you later." She hung up and I called Alice, getting her voicemail. I left her a message telling her to meet me at the spot we first met that Friday at seven thirty, then tossed my phone aside, smiled, and began searching my closet for what to wear.

~


"Wow Jori," Alice said as she walked up to me. "You look... Hot. Uh, no homo." I smiled at her.

"Thanks. Oh, I hope you don't mind, I asked my cousin to come. I know you know him..." She gave me a confused look. "Um, Allen. Sorry, I forgot you didn't know that yet..."

Charlotte ran up to us. "Sorry I'm late!" she said, breathless. I checked my watch.

"You're right on time. Let's go." We began walking down the beach, talking and laughing. Allen ran up to us just as we reached the beach I normally saw my coach at. We all sat in the sand to wait.

"So whose party is this?" Alice asked.

"Ah, I don't know the host. My coach invited me."

"Your coach? As in, gym coach?" I nodded. "Did he invite you as a coach? Or as... more?"

"I'd like to think more," I said. Her face screwed up in surprise. "He's only five years older than me!" I defended. "Besides, it's not like I'm madly in love with him. He's just... super hot, okay?"

Charlotte giggled. "Is that him?" I turned and saw my coach walking toward us. He was wearing board shorts and a tank top that showed off his lean muscles. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"That's him," I said, standing to greet my coach. "Hi Daren." He grinned at the use of his first name. He looked me up and down, taking in my short shorts and mid-driff baring spaghetti strap shirt.

"How are you, Jori?"

"Feeling amazing." He pulled me into a hug and I smiled. "Daren, this is Charlotte, Alice, and my cousin, Allen." He waved to them.

"Ready to go?" he asked me, slipping his hand into mine. I nodded and beckoned to my friends as he began leading me back the way he had came. "I've never seen them at school," he said quietly.

"Charlotte goes to public school. Alice is from out of state." He nodded.

"And your cousin?"

"Homeschooled. He moves around a lot." We came to a large bonfire party and I glanced around. There were little kids, teens, and adults.

"It's kind of like a family and friends thing," Daren said. "I didn't want you to feel awkward so I asked you to invite some friends." I smiled at his thoughtfulness. "Minors aren't supposed to drink... But if you or one of your friends wants a beer, let me know." I looked back at my friends. I didn't expect them to want a drink, but I told them anyways and followed Daren around.

He introduced me to his sister, and younger brother, who was around my age, and some of his cousins before pulling me out to the edge of the party. We sat down and he said, "So your parents really don't mind you coming out here tonight?"

"Not at all," I said. "They don't even mind when each other goes out with someone else. My family's pretty screwed up, Allen included." He studied me, leaned in, then hesitated.

"Let me know... If I'm going to far..." he said quietly. I smiled and he pressed his lips to mine. Slowly it evolved, and he placed his hand on my bare midriff, playing with the button on my shorts. I traced my hands slowly up his chest and locked them behind his neck. I pulled him closer, pressing myself into him, and he sighed in pleasure. I forced myself to pull away and he looked at me in surprise.

"We're surrounded by your family," I reminded him. "And as much as I would love to go farther with you, I'd rather they didn't think I was a slut."

He sighed and stood up, offering me his hand. I took it slowly and he pulled me up to his chest. "Then we will go somewhere else, yes?" I giggled. I saw Charlotte, talking to Daren's little brother, and Allen and Alice, talking and playing with the sand. I smiled and followed Daren away.

When we were sure that no one was going to see or hear us, we laid down in the sand and Carter began placing kisses on my neck and chest. He stopped and looked me in the eye.

"Am I just a piece of meat to you?" he asked. I gave him a confused look. "I actually want to be with you, Jori, and you have to tell me if you want that too."

"How could you..." He smiled faintly.

"I've watched you for a whole school year. You're not like the other girls of your class..." He ran his hand along my leg. "You're much more beautiful. You're strong, and you know what you want and you go for it. And that's what I like about you. I want to start something with you. You have to want that too."

I stared into his ocean deep blue eyes and nodded slowly. "I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, I'm sorry for how long I'm taking. Everything is a lot harder to do when you only have three hours on the computer and can't stop yourself from writing new stories all the time...

<3~Schiz