Mr Thompson's Pub and Cabaret

July 18th

Now that Brendon owned the cabaret, but no one was really ready for an official show, he decided it would be safest to discuss what his plans were for the cabaret. He wouldn't change a lot, but the things he had in mind, he would be determined to follow through with. When he found himself in front of everyone, though, he was getting more and more nervous to set a good impression.

He was pacing back and fourth on the stage, his hands stuffed into the pockets of his jeans, but then he stopped, worried that he appeared to be too fidgety, and took a seat towards the edge. "I didn't expect this," he said finally, looking towards all of the dancers, the musicians, and most importantly, Vera. "I thought that someone with more experience and background to the cabaret was going to be in my position." Someone snorted out in the crowd, but he ignored it and continued. "But the decision has been made, and I'm in charge. I'm no business man, but I can promise each and every one of you that I'm not going to let this cabaret die without a fight." Brendon clasped his hands together, and coughed nervously. "I know that I've been accused of starting changes in the cabaret, and although at the time none of them were really true, this time, I will be taking charge and will make minor changes."

Where Brendon had expected an uproar of angry workers saying that he couldn't do that, he had no right, they were all silent. He looked up, eyes meeting Vera's, who gave him a tiny, tiny smile and shrugged her shoulders. So far, so good.

"When I first came to the cabaret, and Mr. Thompson wanted me to learn the dance for my song, the one Ryan had written, I had somehow managed to have Lady Ellen open up to me and told me a story that I could tell had been weighing down on her conscious for awhile. It was a guilt that she held close to her, and more than likely the reason why she wouldn't stay in the cabaret without Rodger here." Vera knew. The look of shock that crossed his face told him so. "They met in the 80's in a cabaret in New York, and she told me that it was love. They moved to Chicago so she could be close to her parents and started a cabaret together, this one. They had male dancers, and female dancers and business was amazing, because it was new, it was exciting, and it was something people weren't used to in Chicago. But they had one dancer who had overstepped his bounds with Lady Ellen, and she didn't resist him. She felt guilty about what she had done, and rather than ending it with her, Rodger fired both guys, and said that from there out, there just weren't going to be any guy dancers. She didn't want to let him live with what she did, so she ended her relationship with him, but they kept the cabaret."

Brendon watched their faces morph into surprise. Something none of them knew that the new kid did. There was more to him then what met the eye, and he was willing to show it to them.

"My intentions were to bring back that element of the old cabaret. I want things to be more theatrical than ever." He hesitated, before having his eyes land on Ryan's. He looked up, knowing exactly what was about to be asked of him. "Ryan. Will you let me use some of your lyrics?"

It seemed like he hesitated, like he wasn't sure, but then nodded. "Yeah," he said quietly.

He took a deep breath, clapped, and then jumped off the stage. "Alright then. Do we have any suggestions on what we want changed? Something we want more of? I want everyone to be as happy as they can be with this all. I don't want to dictate this." He was going to be the owner that these people wanted him to be. They weren't going to hate him and Vera anymore. Not if he could help it.