Status: my other stories are on hold for a while.. ;D

Real as Real Can Get

School

“I’m gonna get ‘cha, don’t you worry ‘bout that.” I sang quietly as I brushed my dark brown locks. I put the brush down and looked at myself one last time before I left for school. The girl in the mirror had really dark brown hair, striking green eyes, naturally lightly tan skin, plump, pink lips, and a perfectly angular nose. The girl looked pretty in her own unique way. That girl was me.

“Time to go.” I sighed under my breath and grabbed my car keys and my bag then headed down to the garage. I live here in Burbank, California. A total clash from where I came from.

I bounded down the stairs and smiled at my nanny. Nanny Bridgette. She’s been with me ever since I was a baby. I love her like a second mother.

“Bye, Nanny Bridgette.” I said and walked to the garage. I opened the garage door and smiled proudly at my Mercedes-Benz sports car. It was black and so sleek that I just had to buy it. Beside that was the car that my dad bought for my 22nd birthday. A silver Porsche 911 Turbo.

I hopped in my Mercedes and drove off to school.

***

Once I got there, I was greeted with the usual ogling at my car. I parked it beside my best friend’s Ford Fiesta and killed the engine and locked my car before I walked up to her.

“Amity! Did you know that Princess Lillian was seen with Prince William, Prince Harry, and Prince Phillip of Monaco about four months ago?!” Lauren asked giddily. Yes, she didn’t know about my double life. No one knew about my secret life. No one, except for my family, knew that I was Princess Lillian of Monaco. When I went to Europe, I left my friends with the impression that I was only going to visit my grandmother. I wasn’t completely lying, but I still felt bad about not telling them the whole truth. This reminds me so much of Hannah Montana. Minus the wig. I only donned hats and really big sun glasses.

“Ehh… 4 months ago? No. I didn’t know that.” I answered and shrugged.

“That bitch. She’s hanging out with Prince William.” Lauren cursed and I felt coldness wash through me. That coldness is called guilt.

“I read in an article that she and Prince William are strictly best friends. Besides, Will’s marrying Kate Middleton.” I answered and cleared my throat.

“Will? Who?” She asked confusedly. I flushed with embarrassment. That’s what I call William. Will.

“Prince William.” I answered and clutched my bag strap tighter.

“I wonder why she even disappears. I mean, she only appears once in a blue moon.” Lauren asked aloud. She’s obsessed with the royal monarchies in Europe. :|
“Maybe she’s just fed up with all the paparazzi people. Imagine your life being aired 24/7 with no filters.” I answered softly as we walked to our first class. English. Lauren and I sat beside each other and started talking about the school’s hottest gossip.

“Alright, class. Today we’re going to talk about the House of Windsor. Sit back and try to jot down notes about this interview with Prince William and Prince Harry.” Mrs. Webber said aloud and played the interview. I got my binder out and started taking down notes. I knew some of the answers by heart because I asked Will some questions that are similar to a handful of questions the interviewer was asking him. Harry just kept quiet. Then, the interviewer turned to him.

“Prince Harry, what can you say about the rumor about you and the princess of Monaco? What’s she like?” The interviewer asked. My head snapped up to the screen at the mention of Harry’s name. He’s handsome. Sue me.

“Now, that’s a rumor I would pay to come true. She’s really cool. Sure, she hangs out with Will about 75% of the time she’s in town. But she makes sure to reserve the remaining 25% for me. Without the paparazzi and all the pressure; when we’re indoors, she’s this wild, fun, crazy girl. She cares about everyone and everything. She loves her family a lot.” Harry answered and Will poked him in a teasing manner. I laughed quietly and covered my blush with my hands.

“Do you know where she is right now?” The interviewer asked Harry. I smiled and paid my undivided attention to him.

“Honestly, I know what country she’s in. But, I don’t know where exactly in that country she is.” He looked straight at the camera and I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach as his gaze seemed to connect with mine.

“Wherever you are, oh-mysterious-princess of Monaco, we miss you a lot.” He said and I blushed even more. My classmates ‘aww’ed and I put my burning head in my hands.

“Amity. Amity. What are you doing?” Lauren whisper/yelled as she tapped my shoulder a few times. I looked up at her and pursed my lips.

“What? Nothing. Just taking down notes.” I answered and scribbled some words in my binder.

“Okay. Harry’s really cute, isn’t he. What I would give to kiss those lips.” She sighed dreamily and I slightly glared at her. Call me jealous but, I have always fancied Harry.

“I thought you liked William?” I asked her quietly.

“He’s getting married. I’ll move on to Prince Harry.” She answered and grinned.

“Harry’s mine.” I grumbled under my breath and she smiled widely.

“What?” She asked.

“Oh. Uh.. I said Alex is much handsomer than Harry.” Total lie. And, eew! That’s my brother.

“Alex? Who?” She asked confusedly.

“Prince Phillip of Monaco. Are you going deaf or something?” I teased her half-heartedly and she grinned.

“I’ll Google this Prince Phillip of Monaco later. For comparison with Prince Harry.” She stated and I smiled a tight smile.

***

Once school was done, I bid my friends goodbye and drove home.

“I’m home, Nanny Bridgette.” I said aloud and locked the door behind me. I was a bit peeved because Lauren kept gushing about how handsome Harry was. I clenched my fists and let out a strangled growl before marching up to my room.

“Damn. She’s your best friend, Amity. It’s not like you’re in a relationship with Harry or anything. Don’t be so jealous. Oh, God.. I’m talking to myself. I’m on the first level of insanity.” I started rambling. I tossed my bag in the corner and booted my computer up. I logged in my MSN account and saw no one important online. So, I logged in my FB, Twitter, and Tumblr accounts. I started checking emails. None were too important to reply to.

HarryPrinceOfWales is inviting you to a video conversation.

I accepted and felt my heart beat accelerate. His handsome face popped up on the screen and I grinned at him. He grinned back at me.

“Amity!” He said enthusiastically.

“Hey, Harry.” I said with a smile.

“Why are you sad?” He asked.

“This is nothing. So, what’s up? When’s the wedding?” I asked him and smiled for the sake of my sanity.

“April 29th. Will already sent the invitation to you. I think it’s gonna arrive there tomorrow morning.” He said and shrugged.

“Cool. You’re his best man, aye?” I asked and he grinned before nodding.

“You’re damn right I am. And, Kate and Will wanted me to tell you that you’re a bridesmaid. You need to be here next week to choose your dress.” He stated and my jaw dropped.

“And, you felt compelled to tell me… I don’t know… three weeks before the wedding of the century?” I asked him and he laughed before holding his hands up.

“Don’t hurt me. I know self-defense and I’m not afraid to use it.” He said and I rolled my eyes at his childishness. Typical Harry.

“How can I hurt you when I’m a thousand miles away? Idiot. But, no worries. I’ll beat the crap out of you on Monday. Tomorrow’s Saturday. So, no school.” I stated and he smiled.

“I can’t wait.” He answered and we laughed.

“I’m so excited to see you guys again.” I mumbled and we grinned at each other.

“Us, too. But, what about your American life? Do they know that you’re… well.. the Princess of Monaco?” He asked. I shook my head.

“I think it’s time that they knew. I can’t actually walk down the aisle in a white bridesmaid dress with large sunglasses covering my face. That would be… absurd. And, Will might kill me.” I admitted and we laughed together. I always have more fun with Harry than with Will. But, don’t tell him that.

“What’s this I hear about walking down the aisle and sunglasses?” Will interjected.

“Did you ever hear about ‘knocking’?” Harry asked as Will appeared beside him.

“That word is so foreign to me.” Will answered and we all laughed.

“Hey, Will! Tell Kate that I said hello, okay? And, thanks for the opportunity to be a bridesmaid in the wedding of the century. Oh, yes, and dibs on half of the wedding cake.” I said and we all laughed.

“Hi, Amity. Yes, yes. It’s no problem.” Will answered.

“Amity, Lauren’s here.” Nanny Bridgette hollered. My eyes widened and I minimized the chat window.

“Just stay put.” I said and opened my door.

“Lauren, I’m up here.” I said un-enthusiastically and saw my best friend appear from the stairway.

“Hey, Amity.” She said and hugged me. I hugged her back and let her enter the room. I closed the door behind us and she plopped down on my bed.

“I don’t mean to be rude… but, what the fuck are you doing here?” I asked her. She grinned and I looked at her confusedly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys... I've bee LOVING Prince Harry ever since April 29, 2011.

Ask Tahlia, she would know. So, I've been re-blogging anything and everything about Prince Harry on Tumblr. He's just so dreamy.. lol

oh, if you want to follow me on Tumblr, feel free to do so.

dudeandduchess.tumblr.com

♥♥♥ U guys!

--Jen