Status: 1/50 One-Shots

Say You'll Never Leave Me, 'Cause I Need You So Much

Say you’ll never leave me ‘cause I need you so much.

He watched from his seat in the audience, she walked out slowly onto the stage; she was still as beautiful as he remembered. Her hair was pulled back in a tight pony tail that barley stuck out from behind her hair band that pulled her red bangs back.

Even though the stage was dark he still saw her silhouette as the familiar violins started off in the background, he was in shock of the song she was about to do her number to, then again the song was written for her so he shouldn’t really be all that surprised.

The night air was cold and damp, as the two walked off into the forest behind her grandparents’ house. He was finding it hard to keep up with her quick pace as they made their way deeper into forest. The moon light was just bright enough to illuminate her face so he could see her and know he had not yet lost her.

His thoughts were racing in a jumble as he tried to think of ways he could tell her how he felt and was going to happen. He had played many scenarios in his mind, all of them ending badly, but he wasn’t sure how he was going to handle it himself.


The spotlight soon kicked on as the kick drum banged in and his familiar voice sprang through the amphitheater, he could almost hear the folks gasp in shock of the song she had chosen, he was sure many were not expecting Olivia White to dance to a song such as this one.

” I was raised in the valley, there was shadows and death.
Got out alive but with scars I can't forget.
This kid back in school, subdued and shy.
An orphan and a brother and unseen by most eyes.
I don't know what it was that made a piece of him die,
Took a boy to the forest, slaughtered him with a scythe.
Stamped on his face, an impression in the dirt.
Do you think the silence makes a good man convert?”


Fast passed movements moved her body flawlessly across the stage, he watched at the edge of his seat as she jumped in the air. She was just as graceful as she was when they were one. Time had passed and she could have gotten better or maybe she was the same it
had been too long in his mind since he last saw her this way.

She finally stopped as they came to the fast flowing river that they had spent many hot summer days at. It was also the marking of her brother’s grave, where the family had buried him by his favorite spot. He took a deep breath as they sat by each other. Taking his cold hand she intertwined their fingers with her warm ones that matched the warm kindness her heart held.

He wasn’t sure how he was going to do this but he needed to do this soon, his heart was beating too fast for him to handle. It felt as if it was ready to burst from behind his tattoo’s, she could sense his uneasiness, in a way she knew why he asked for them to be alone, and she was dreading what was about to come.

It seemed like the cold air dropped another ten degrees, in the matter of seconds as he let go of her hand, making his body face her small frame. He could see the uneasiness in her face that he sure his one held. Deep in his thoughts, he knew, that she knew what was about to come, how could he be doing this, he thought. She was the one, he was for sure, but it just wasn’t going to work out.


Her body suddenly dropped to the ground as she moved around to the rhythm of the beat and the flow of his words. Her movements made him miss her even more then he had before he came. He wasn’t sure why he even showed up, it was a silly idea, that maybe he was starting to regret.

“We all have our horrors and our demons to fight.
But how can I win, when I'm paralyzed?
They crawl up on my bed, wrap their fingers round my throat.
Is this what I get for the choices that I made?
God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, for everything.
God forgive me, for all my sins. God forgive me, God forgive me.”


The voice in his head told him it was best to lie straight to her face, tell her he didn’t love her, that he didn’t need her anymore. That was far from the truth, it was again getting harder to breath, if he didn’t do it soon, he was sure he would pass out.

Worry etched her beautiful face, he didn’t think he could do it but what happened next not only shocked him but the girl he loved for the past three years.

“I don’t love you anymore Olivia, I can’t keep lying to your face anymore.” Her face was now in shock and terror it seemed he had just broken two hearts but he wasn’t right for her anymore they were going off in two different directions.

Even though she had been by his side for so long, it was time they let go one of another.

As if on cue her body flew into the air, as if she sprung from a trampoline. Her heart raced as she jumped and swung her arms above her head, the part she screamed so much in her mind came upon, she was not focused on the crowed, no she was focused on the movements her body made and the lyrics that spoke out to her.

“Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night.
I can't live with myself, so stay with me tonight.
Don't go.
Don't go.”


She felt the raw emotions inside her body come out, the sorrow and the anger that she held for so long was making her performance the best it had been in months. Up there on stage she felt she could be herself, there was no stopping her from doing what she loved. She once loved someone more than dancing but he gave up on her and let her go.

The one who gave up on her watched her, he could tell she was dancing her emotions out, he could see anger and pain in the movements she made. For him it was heart breaking, he couldn't help but wonder if she could see him, was she doing this to show him how hurt she truly was. After all she was the one who send him the invitation, pass, and parking space to this very show. She was the star of the show and she was proving it with every step and motion.

“If I let you in, you'd just want out.
If I tell you the truth, you'd vie for a lie.
If I spilt my guts, it would make a mess we can't clean up.
If you follow me, you will only get lost.
If you try to get closer, we'll only lose touch.
Yes you already know too much, and you're not going anywhere.”


Tears feel down the sides of her pale face. It was breaking his heart more and more with every tear she shed. The heartbreak was just too much for her, she had depended on him for so long to make her happy. Her thoughts were simply mixed she thought she was making him happy as well, they barley ever thought.

He held her hand when her brother died, he was there when she buried her parents just last month after a tragic plane left her orphaned, with money that her grandparents left her along with a big empty house. Memories were flooding her mind as she watched him stand up, the warm mist from his breath showed off in the moon light.

“Say you’ll never leave me because I need you so much. I’ll be lost without you don’t you understand?” those were the exact same words that she had told them when they first got together and she was reminding him of his promise, but it didn’t seem to matter anymore.
He simply looked back at her, sorrow in his eyes was evident, and she knew this wasn’t something he wanted to do, then why was he doing it? Jumping to her feet she grabbed on to his hands as hers shook. She was on her hands and knees in seconds before pleading with him to stay.


It was a matter of time before a few little girls joined her as they danced around her, it was in a way of making a tree, you’d have to be artistic to understand, and he only remembered it because it was something she did at an old recital when they were younger. Little ones feel to the ground as if they were pleading for their mother to stay.

He never showed much emotion but at that moment if she could see him she’d see the tears he was shedding, the tears were full of regret and sorrow for letting go of the best thing that ever happened to him.

“Tell me that you need me 'cause I love you so much.
Tell me that you love me 'cause I need you so much.
Tell me that you need me 'cause I love you so much.
Say you'll never leave me 'cause I need you so much.”


Pulling her to her feet, he gave her one last kiss before he pushed her away. He left her that night in the forest to cry alone. He could hear her heart wrenching sobs from yards away, it was killing him, but in his mind it was the best to let the most beautiful thing to come into his life go. She was too good for him; he was just not the best for her.

When she was sure he was nowhere near, she walked into the river, she didn’t care that the water felt like a million of needles piercing her skin, she needed to feel the pain to know that this wasn’t just a nightmare that had plagued her like death.

She could have died but she realized there was still hope for him to come back. Pulling herself from the water she walked back to the house numb with hot tears still streaming down her porcelain skin. Never in her life had she cried this much, not when her parents died, not when her brother passed away. How many tears one can cry before they have no more to cry, she wondered.


“Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night.
I can't live with myself, so stay with me tonight.
Don't go, I can't do this on my own.
Don't go.
Save me from the ones that haunt me in the night.
I can't live with myself, so stay with me tonight.
Don't go.”


The song was coming to an end, everyone that was on stage but she was running out of breath. The audience was in awe, of how a song like this that many didn’t enjoy could be made into such a beautiful emotion.

She could feel the tears start to build up behind her eyes, she never cried during a performance but suddenly she felt the sudden urge to cry, but she wouldn’t do it up there, not in front of thousands of people. She held it together with one last jump and landing on the ground she folded herself into a tight ball.

Before her head could touch her knees, she saw him, front row, tears in his own eyes. Quickly she pulled herself together into the tight ball that was in the chorography she had taught everyone in this number, she felt her heart start to break all over again, but she felt a slight hope inside her chest.

When it was all over the lights on stage turned off everyone stood up clapping and cheering, as roses were tossed up on stage she pulled herself out of the tight ball, looking out into the crowed she watched as he stood up from his chair.

He took one last look at her, he didn’t have it in himself to face her, not tonight, no ever, he had broken both their hearts, and he thought in his mind there was nothing he could do to fix it, because she didn’t deserve him, in his mind she had moved on.

She watched closely as he walked through the crowds of people, tears started to spill, she wanted nothing more but to run into his arms and hug him. Tell him she loved him, that she wanted him back that she needed him in order to be happy and love herself.

The last thing on her mind was begging him silently to please don’t go, but it was too late she had lost sight of him, he had let her go.
♠ ♠ ♠
The outfit.