Status: My imagination let loose

Forbidden Blood

Chapter Eleven: Worth The Blood

“Jessica, please do not do this. Think of what you’re doing. Think of your father.” Janice tried to throw thoughts into her mind.

“Did you think of what you did? Did you think of my father!?” Jessica asked.

“People make mistakes and I have already paid my dues.” I stood back, watching this as if it was a scene in a movie.

“You aren’t a person,” Jessica brought the stake down with force, only to pierce the wood next to Janice.

“And you aren’t worth killing.” She looked at me before going up the steps, giving me a gaze that told me I could do what I wanted with the vampire.

“Well, seems like she let you live.” I approached Janice once more.

“She is just weak. Soft just like the other humans. They don’t know how to kill. Even after all I have done to her, she still doesn’t have the stomach to kill.” Janice’s soft attitude turned cold.

“She is not like them. She may not want to kill you, but it would be my pleasure.”

“Wait,” Jessica stood at the end of the stairs. I turned to look at her.

“Pick her up, take her outside.” Jessica grabbed the batch of cookies and trailed me out the front door.

“What now?” I tossed Janice on the floor like scum. Jessica pulled out a small, metal canister of gas and a box of matches.

“Hold these.” She handed me the cookies and began throwing the gas all over Janice.

“Jessica wait.” The metal canister broke her jaw as it struck her face, crushing the metal into a coin. Jessica took a few steps back as I munched on a cookie.

“I felt sorry for you Janice, but now I just want to watch you burn.” Jessica struck the match and let the flames consume the vampire. She took a cookie and began eating it with me. I whistled at the impressive flame.

“Sinister.” I commented with a smile. Janice screamed as the fire ate away at her slowly.

“The good thing is that I do feel a lot better now.” Jessica’s eyes lit up from the flames’ brightness.

“That’s great Jessica. You got that off your chest.” I replied. Her smile at this act of leveled evil made me smile. I never wanted Jessica to shift to the dark side, but she was too damn good at it.

“You went all the way back to Salemn to get her?” She asked.

“Well I knew you only eat Tony’s Pizza and only snickerdoodles from the Bakery, so she was just a bonus.” I answered. My knowledge of her diet seemed to surprise her. Just the fact that I have been paying attention to her was a shock.

“This isn’t normal. We’re bonding while she burns to a crisp.” Jessica observed.

“Nonsense, this is completely normal, at least in our world right? Besides, I wouldn't care if it wasn't. Now you will understand why I kill.”

“Because you’re angry?”

“No, because it is very entertaining and help release stress. Besides, you have to defend your pride, your dignity.” I explained.

“I just felt stupid. She fooled me so easily.” Jessica nibbled on the cookie as her thoughts snatched her appetite away.

“Never trust a vampire Jessica.” I warned.

“So I shouldn’t trust you?” I laughed at this remark. It seemed like after all we've been through, and all we will face together, she still doubts me in aspects of my intentions.

“That depends.”

“On what?”

“If I’m just a vampire to you.” I closed my fist and the fire suddenly extinguished, leaving behind nothing but ash.

“Goodbye Janice.” Jessica grabbed another cookie and went back into the house.

“Yeah, we do make mistakes, but you made the wrong one.” I kicked her ash into the wind and watched it flutter into the night, never to come back to haunt the young girl. The ash scraped across the sky, making a decal in the night air.