Status: My imagination let loose

Forbidden Blood

Chapter Twenty: Moonlight Scareanada

A Year Ago...

Jessica had heard of the supernatural creatures that roamed the night, but it wasn't until she saw it, did she believe. She was curious about what it would be like. To live forever in evil's arms forever. To look at the world through the devil's looking glass. Jessica was determined to discover the supernatural and become a part of it. The brave teenager put on a blue hood and black jeans. She silently snuck out the window into her future, never to see return to the life she once knew.

The moon stared at me, frowning like I did something to disappoint it. Wouldn't be the first time I disappointed someone. My family frowned the same way once I decided to be independent. Those who were somewhat like me, were frustrated by my existence. My difference from the others of my nature, made me special and benefited no one but me. I do not think as they would. My senses and abilities, were stronger than all of theirs put together. I, within myself, was beyond extraordinary. The only creature that was able to walk in daylight, despite my vampire half. A scream interrupted my thoughts. The presence of another vampire alerted me. Actually, more than one. I quickly leaped off my roof and sped toward the
small, isolated town.

Jessica stood helplessly pinned to the old brick wall of the alley behind Eddie's Bar. It was a chilling night. The kind that creatures loved so dearly. It was the perfect atmosphere for a murder.

“Help!” She yelled. Nobody stirred in the night. Jessica wanted to be one of us, not our dinner.

“Screaming won't help. Hmm. Seems you've already been bitten.” The leader of the pack of three was rough looking and had the voice of someone who has been to prison His two followers looked like junkies. Jittery and suspicious of everything around them. They licked their chops impatiently, anxious for their leader to take a bite.

“Let me finish the job.” The lead vampire bent her neck to the side. Jessica breathed uncontrollably. Sweat rained down her forehead to her exposed neck. The vampire's fangs bit into her neck. To Jessica, it felt like sharp needles being forced into her throat. She groans in pain as he began to drain the remainder of her blood. I hopped from the roof into the shadows. The vampire turned away from his meal and began to puke a strange black liquid.

“It's the Day Walker.” One of them said as I stepped into the light of a streetlight. The shadows kept me perfectly drenched between the light and the dark.

“Let's get out of here.” I grabbed one of their shirts and turned them around, ripping the fabric of their royal blue t-shirt.

“Not so fast. What are you doing here? This is my territory.” I explained. The caring blue of my eyes dissolved into a killer blood blue.

“I’m sorry your highness. Please spare me!” He stuttered. The other two vampires stood at bay, preparing their feet to run away.

“You still haven’t answered my question.” I replied. The vampire was on the brick of crying as his fear rose.

“We were traveling a long way and got a little hungry is all.” He said. The lies rolled off of his flawless, plump lips.

“Don’t do it again or it will be your end.” I roughly released him. He stumbled and the three began to walk away. I turned my head to think.

“On the other hand,” The three faced me.

“You’ll never learn.” I clenched my fists together. The organs in their bodies squeezed together tightly.

“And I can’t have you running rogue.” Jessica coughed and my attention fell on her. The vampires hit the ground. They charged towards me as I knelt down to the girl. I snatched up one of the three. Their skull cracked at the impact with the brick. The leader continued to cough as I tore the head off of his second minion. I picked him off the ground with one hand.

“Spare me.” He pleaded.

“And why should I?”

“Because we must stick together, as a family.”

“I have no family.” I twisted my hand and he fell to the ground, choking on the blood he was trying to cough up. I helped Jessica off of the ground. The abnormal liquid slipped off of my fingers like a thick black goo.

“Hey. Look at me.” She was unresponsive to me. Her body was entirely limp. That vampire really got his fill. I hastily got her back to my house.

Jessica remained motionless as I gently laid her on the couch and continued to my fridge. I didn't eat, but my fridge was stuffed with all types of food. I kept it for human visitors or anyone that tries to accuse me of being anything other than a human. Behind that, was blood packs of every single blood type that I "borrowed" from the only hospital in Salemn, Salemn General. They helped when it came to fighting my thirst. I would soon have to rid my house of them. The scent of a human's blood could tell you a lot about the person such as their diet and stress level. It also tells you what type of blood runs through their veins. Jessica is... AB negative. Highly rare with humans. I got a cord and a butterfly needle to insert the blood into her system. Her veins exposed themselves as I squeezed her arm. The needle broke easily against her skin. I let the needle fall to the wooden floor of my living room. Baffled, I plopped down on the floor beside the couch.

“Are you human anymore?” I asked the lethargic body.

There was only one other way to make sure the blood enters her blood stream. I bit a hole in the blood pack and began inserting the blood into her mouth. It slid down her throat like words. The black liquid dripped down her arm like a broken waterfall. I took a cloth and cleansed her wound. No human has black blood. I am the only thing alive I know that has blood like this. It is not possible that this human is like me. No one is. Even with my mind spinning, I was still thirsty. Something about her blood made my mouth dry up from cottonmouth. I knelt down so that I was eye level with her neck. I could hear her heart beating steadily, the blood pumping through her veins. It took a lot of self-restraint to keep me from creeping in closer to her throat. My left hand tightened around her neck. The vein grew to an enormous size. My fangs slid down and I went in for the blood.

“Please.” Jessica uttered.

My hands began to tremble as I took them from around her neck. I watched as she breathed. It was a truly fascinating specimen. A human’s plea was defenseless against me, but this time was different. When I looked at her, I saw a human in need of guidance. One in need of protection from the world until she is able to handle it on her own. I took several steps away from the vulnerable human. The leather lazy-boy in the corner was unusually comfortable as I turned my television to Family Guy on TBS. This human was different from her species, just as I am. Maybe we do have something in common.

A couple hours later, she began to wake up. Jessica rose up, confused. The surprising warmth of the atmosphere was enough to get her heart to stop racing. It gave her the sense of a safe place, which on her part, was an overstatement.

“Where am I?” She quizzed while holding the left side of her head

“In my house.” I clicked off the television and turned to her. Jessica felt her neck.

“Did you bite me?” She asked.

“No. You forget, I already had dinner. On the other hand, that vampire that bit you, did not. Why would even be out so late? You could have been killed.” I helped her stand up. She was still a little wobbly.

“I appreciate you saving me. I just wanted for you to turn me. So that I could be--”

“I refuse to turn you." I interrupted.

“Why!?” Jessica squeaked.

“You are just a kid. This isn’t some kind of game, this is a curse. You cannot handle it.” I replied.

“You don't know shit about me. All I want is freedom.”

“I know enough just by your actions tonight, and is that what you think this is? Freedom?No.
It's nothing of the sort.” I explained.

“In your opinion, it might no be, but I think it will be.” Jessica claimed.

“You are still young, an innocent. You do not understand.”

“So are you. Look at you, you’re a child.” She opened the door. I shut it roughly.

“I am not a child. I saved you because I did not want this for anyone who did not have it coming.” Jessica gazed into my dilated eyes.

“What about someone who wants it?” She asked. I admired her courage when speaking to me.

“Nobody wants this. They just lust what they see vampires do which is kill and run really fast, right?” I replied.

“But I am not like anyone else.” She answered. I sighed seeing there was no way of getting through to her.

“Fine, but once you realize how dangerous the world really is, you will not be able to go back home. Your parents cannot protect you." I let her out of the door.

“See, I warned her, but it really didn't matter. No matter what, our paths would have crossed.” I leaped onto the counter as George engaged himself in thought.

“Say whatever you want, but one day I will free her and kill every last supernatural creature on this planet.” He stormed out of the room.

“Have fun.” I drunk the rest of the water in the glass.