Status: will be completed shortly.

I Can Disappear in Several Ways

I

"I'm not going to change for anyone. I don't care what anyone thinks or says, I am who I am, and I'm proud of it."

"It's good to be confident, but I don't think you understand, Garrett. You've got to open your -"

"No." I closed my eyes and raised my hands, cutting Ms. Merrick off. "I don't care. I never will."

"Just... Listen to me, Garrett. Listen to me, for once."

"Alright. Spill it," I hated being this rude, but if I heard one more 'you're stupid, Gare' or 'what's wrong with you?' I was going to break.

"You obviously love the boy. But... is it worth it?" Ms. Merrick was a nice woman. There was a genuine hurt in her wise, mouse-brown eyes. She wasn't very old at all, though she looked warn out and full of good advice. Yet, I couldnt take it. My life had gotten better the first day he fell into my life.

"I would never change. Not for anything. I'm happy the way I am."

She nodded. "It's good to hear, but I'm still worried about you."

"You don't have to be," I assured the counselor as I stood, noticing the time. I'd been there extra that day, and still, all I talked about was Ryland. I never told her of my father, nor my friend Tommy. I'd seen her once a week for months, but Ryland was all that crossed my mind. "Looks like I kept you again."

"It's no trouble, really," Ms. Merrick smiled. "Go home and relax. You've got a lot on your mind."

"Thank you, Ms. M," I waved awkwardly, then tossed my bright blue, button-covered messenger bag over my shoulder. I tried to make it look like I wasn't in a rush, but I practically sped out of the room. I ran down the hallway, panting slightly.

"You're late, but you don't need to have a heart attack," I heard a familiar laugh following the call. "I'd wait for you, you know that."

I wrapped my arm around Ryland's shoulders, drawing him in close. "I know, but I didn't want to go another second without me. It was me being selfish again."

"As usual," Ry giggled, nuzzling his nose in my neck. We walked out of my school, stepping in rime.

My car was one of the only vehicles in the parking lot, happily rusting in the sun. It was old, run-down, and ugly - but what did I own that wasn't?

I opened the car door for Ryland before he could react, bowing. He slapped me playfully, then fell into the passenger seat and buckled himself in. I hopped in my seat, then asked the beautiful boy sitting next to me about his day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I'll have no readers, but whatever.
beginning.
it'll be better.
As I usually proomise, but also, whatever.
I can say anything I want here, right?
I NEED TO DO MY HOMEWORK... like right now.