Another Day, Another Hotel

Big House

We catch a cab and head down to the jail where Ronnie and the Jasons are being held.
"What did they do?" Tre asks Adrienne.
"I don't know," she sighs. "He didn't say."
"You only gave him a 50. It can't be that bad," Mike says, laughing.
"This isn't funny," Adie says shooting him a look.
"Woah, it's okay," I say pulling her into me and kissing her forehead. "Don't worry, we've dealt with this stuff before."
She sighs again and lays her head on my shoulder.
The cab drops us off at the entrance to the jail.
"Where do we go to bail them out?" Mike says looking around.
"Uh, let's just go in. Someone will be able to tell us," I say and we go through the front doors. There is a sign that points down the hall and we follow it's directions. We end up at the bail offices. Of course, I'm pushed in front.
"Can I help you?" the woman behind the desk says.
"Uh yeah," I say scratching my head. It's a nervous tic of mine. "We're here to bail out some friends."
"Okay, what are their names?"
"Uh Ronnie Blake, Jason Freese and Jason White," I say as she types in their info. I am so nervous and I don't know why.
"Okay, here they are," she shays. "Each are being held for $500."
I sigh
"Are they worth it?" Tre jokes. We laugh.
"Alright," I say, taking out my checkbook. I give her a check for $1500 and she points us where to go to pick them up.
"Make sure you keep the receipt," she says, "You'll need it."
"Okay, thank you," Adrienne says before we leave.
"1500 bucks," Mike says.
"Some things must be done," I say.
"Yeah," Tre agrees. "Plus for three people that's relatively cheap."
We laugh at the fact that he knows this.
"What did they do, you think?" Mike says/
"God knows," I chuckle as we turn into what seems to be the holding cell. There they are, in all their glory. They don't notice us.
"Can I help you?" the man behind the desk asks. Everyone here is so helpful!
"Yeah, we're here to take these goons home," Tre says. The three of them must recognize his voice because they spin around. Jason White throws himself at the wall of the cell..
"I knew you'd come!" he squeals.
I laugh and shake my head. I give the guy the receipt and he goes over to the cell. He unlocks it and the three of them run out. Jason zips over and throws himself on me in a hug.
"It's okay, lovemuffin," I say patting his back.
"Uh, here," the guy hands a trombone and trumpet to Ronnie and we leave.

"What the fuck did you guys do?" I say when we get out of the courthouse.
"Well," Jason starts.
I notice that my hands are on my hips, like they are when I scold my children.
"Well?" I say.
"We were on Times Square, and we were bored, so we decided that we could pass the time by playing. Apparently it's illegal."
"What?" Adie says, trying to cover her amusement.
"We put out a Jason's hat, just for shits and giggles. Everything was fine, until this cop came buy and was like 'I need to see your license' and we were like 'What license' and he arrested us," Ronnie says.
"Yeah," Jason White agrees. "He wouldn't tell us why he was taking us in, I mean I guess it's because we didn't have a street license."
"But still," Jason Freese says. "He just hauled us away. Frankly it was kinda scary."
"What were you playing?" Mike asks, laughing to himself.
"Solitary Man," Jason W. Says.
"Neil Diamond?" We say in unison.
"Son of a bitch," I chuckle.
" I can't believe you guys were arrested," Tre says. "And that I wasn't involved at all."
"Oh yeah, we can do it all by ourselves," Jason White says, giving a sistah snap. We all laugh.
"And we'll definitely repay whoever bailed us out," Jason Freese says, looking between the three of us.
"Damn right you will," I say. They laugh.
"Remember," I point my thumb at my chest. "I'm the one who signs the paychecks."
They laugh again before Tre looks at me kind of confused and says,
"Dude, really?"