Another Day, Another Hotel

Sexy Farm Animals?

"What. The. Hell. Is. This?" I hear Mike yell from the bus. Me and Adie are hanging outside of the bus Tre and Mike are sharing until our next stop waiting for everyone to get there. Adie shoots me a suspicious look. We hear Tre giggling madly.

"I have to see what this is," I say climbing up into the bus. Mike is standing with his arms folded across his chest, shaking his head.
"What's going on?" I ask.
"There's a fucking goat on my bus," Mike says.
"Oh god," Adie says burying her face in my shoulder to keep from laughing.
"Tre, I thought I told you to get rid of that," I say sitting the bunk where the goat is currently sitting. I reach over and pet his head. He's surprisingly tame for a goat.
"Yeah, well, I think I'm going to keep him. Frankito likes goats, so I'll give him to him."
"Where are you planning on keeping a goat at home?" Adie asks.
"The backyard, der," he says.
"Don't you need to be zoned for livestock?" Mike laughs.
"Who needs to know I have a goat in my backyard?"
"What I want to know is where you're planning to keep a goat when on tour?" I say.
"I hadn't thought of that," he says, rubbing his chin in mock thought.

***

"You cannot keep this thing on the bus," Jeff the bus driver says to Tre when the stowaway goat is found.
"But where am I supposed to keep him?"
"I don't care. You cannot keep him on the bus," Jeff turns to leave. "I want him gone by the time I'm back."
"Wait!" Tre calls, jumping out of the bus and running after him.
"Why is there a goat in here?" Jason says boarding the bus.
"Don't ask," Mike groans.
"So what are we going to do with a goat?" I ask.
"All I have to say is that I better not end up taking care of it," Adie says fiddling with her bracelets. "Or at least not on my own."
"Aw, you know you have a soft spot for small fuzzy barn animals," I laugh.
"I married you didn't I?" she smiles at me.
"Hey," Ronnie says climbing the stairs of the bus. "Woah, hey a goat."
"I gotta get out of here," Mike says getting up from the seat and leaving the bus.
"What's his problem?" Ronnie looks after Mike.
"The goat," Adie says, pointing to it curled up asleep on the floor of the bus.
"Wait. Why do we have a goat here?" Ronnie laughs.
"Tre," I say.
"Oh."
Tre re-enters the bus and plops down on the seat.
"The goat's a no-go?" I ask.
"I don't know. I just have to think about it for a while," he sighs.
"Well, while your at it, you get to watch him," Adie says. "I'm not being the goat nanny here."
"Isn't there a nanny goat?" Ronnie says flipping through a Drum Magazine that's lying on the little table.
"What?" we all ask.
"Isn't there a nanny goat? Like, isn't a nanny goat a real thing?"
"I don't get it," I say.
"A nanny goat. Isn't- huh, never mind," Ronnie sighs.
"Where the hell did you get nanny goat?" Jason asks.
Ronnie points to Adie.
"She said goat nanny or something."
"It's true," Adie says . "I did say goat nanny."