Another Day, Another Hotel

Backtracking

We’re heading back to California for a gig in Los Angeles before we have to go back to the Eastern Seaboard. I don’t understand why the hell we can’t go in an orderly fashion, but if I’ve learned anything, it’s that all the bitching in the world that I do will not make the tour managers change their minds. Or at least whoever schedules this shit. Whatever.

“I hate Los Angeles,” I sigh into Adrienne’s shoulder as we’re all waiting for our flight to arrive. The busses will be driven back, but we have to fly.
“I know,” she says, flipping through her magazine, not paying attention, just answering so I’ll shut it.
“I think my herpes is coming back,” I say looking up at her out of the corner of my eye from her shoulder, testing her.
“Okay,” she says, still oblivious to me.
“And I’ve really been thinking about that gender reassignment surgery.”
“That’s fine,” she says, taking a sip from her bottle of water. Bored with her not paying attention to me, I kiss her forehead and get up to find something interesting to do in this lame ass airport. I wander a little ways and run into Jason White.
“Meh,” he mumbles as a greeting as he passes by. I catch his arm and spin him around
“You’re coming with me,” I say, linking my arm through his and leading him in the direction I was going.
“How come every time you say that to me, things turn out less than desirable for me?”
“Less than desirable?” I say cocking an eyebrow at him. “it’s all how you look at it.”

“HEY!” Tre screams from the opposite side of the large dining area/food court thing. Me and Jason decided to stop and eat. Okay, I decided that we would stop and eat something.
“What?” I call back, waving him over. He gallops over, Ronnie and Jason F. close at his heels, and slides into an unoccupied chair opposite Jason W.
“Hey,” he says, snatching half of the bagel I’m eating.
“Goddamn it,” I say grabbing it back. “This is my food. You know I can’t eat that airplane shit.”
“Yeah,” he says, surrendering the bagel. “Especially since the ‘gelatinous bacon’ incident.”