Another Day, Another Hotel

Mango Madness

“Wake up,” I say, shaking Mike awake as the plane clunks down on the runway. He slaps my hand away and shifts in his seat. He’s always an asshole when he wakes up, so I let him stew as the plane comes to a stop and we’re told to hang out a while.
“AW,” Iero whines behind me. “It always takes so long.”
I swear sometimes I could slap the whine out of him.
“They have to secure it before we can get off,” Gerard says, stretching.
“I know, but… loooong,” Iero bitches. I can feel Adrienne looking at me, so I glance over and grin through his annoyingness.

After a while, we pile off the plane and plan to meet in the food court area at LAX. The group scatters and me and Adie decide to just go straight to the meeting place.
“I like four dollar Snapple,” I say, plopping down at a table next to her, shaking the Mango Madness I just bought.
“You know it probably costs thirty -five cents to make, right?” she says, sighing and propping her head up on her fist.
“But, it’s made from the best stuff on Earth,” I say, taking a swig. “Come on. The best stuff on Earth.”
She smiles and shakes her head, stealing the bottle cap and reading the underside of the cap.
“Did you know that hummingbirds weigh less than a penny?” she giggles.
“Holy fuck! No way,” I say tapping the table to get her to give it to me. She slides it over and looks around the terminal.
“Less than a penny,” I read off the cap. “No. Way.”
“Way,” she says, taking a nail file out of her purse and going at it on her nails.
“Yo, homeslice,” Jason says, sliding into the chair at the table next to Adie.
“Don’t ever let me hear that come out of your mouth again,” she says, stealing my Mango Madness and drinking from it.
“Noted,” he says. I chuckle.
“So what are we supposed to do now?” he says taking off his glasses and rubbing his eyes.
“I guess we wait for the rest then hop some mode of transportation to the hotel,” I say.
“What the hell are you doing?” Mike says as he and Tre pull chairs up to the table.
“What?” I say looking up. Random. He points to my Mango Madness, bottle that I’m currently de-wrappering.
“De-wrappering. What the fuck does it look like I’m doing?” I say, folding the wrapper into a square and placing the cap on top of it.
“You are an idiot,” he says, getting up from the table and heading over to one of the vendors along the walls of the food court.
“What crawled up his ass?” Jason laughed.
“I don’t know if I would say ‘crawled’, Jason,” Tre says tapping his fingers. “But I will say badger.”
We all laugh.