Another Day, Another Hotel

Network News Always Gets Me Down

"You don't even know what you're fucking talking about! Maybe if you weren't so into yourself, you'd actually have reasonable opinions!" I scream. "Jesus fucking Christ! It's just- you're just- you're and fuck-faced ass! That's it! I can't see how anyone can have such a disregard for human beings! Ugh! Just shut the fuck up, asshole!"
"What are you yelling about?" Adrienne says, rubbing her eyes. She's curled up in my arms and has obviously been awaken by my outburst.
"Oh," I say, slightly embarrassed. I point to the hotel television. She glances at the TV and giggles.
"I just hate him," I say of "The O'Reilly Factor" host.
"Then why do you watch it? You always just end up screaming at the TV."
" I know, I know, but I always get sucked in. He's such a prick," I say, sighing and stewing over my hatred for him. I hear a low chuckling and I look down to see Adie looking at me in that certain way she does. She smiles, shakes her head and pulls herself into sitting position.
"You can never just let go." she laughs. "Yeah, he's a moron, but he doesn't affect you."
"He's a dickish moron."
She laughs again, grabbing my chin and twisting my face towards her. She plants a kiss on me and slides over so she's sitting on my lap, facing me.
"But who I really feel sorry for," I say, reaching behind her and pulling the hair tie from her dreads. "Is that poor bastard Colmes."
She scoots closer so our chests are touching.
"You watch way too fucking much FoxNews."
She wraps her arms around my neck and cuddles her head under my chin, kissing the part of my collarbone that's exposed.
"I'll agree with that," I say kissing the top of her head and running my fingers through her hair.
"I love you," she whispers.
"I'll agree with that too," I say rubbing my cheek on her hair. I fell her hand sliding down my chest while the other pulls my head down to hers. She kisses me, gently at first, then harder. I can tell she's totally missed me, just by the way she's kissing me, kinda desperately. Her hand reaches the top of my pants and fumbles with my belt. When she doesn't get it unlatched right away, I hear her whisper "Damn it," to herself. Even though I try not to, I start giggling. She always has trouble when I don't wear the buckle in the front. She glares up at me when I laugh. I reach down to help her unlatch it.
"No!" she says, slapping my hand away.
"Alright, Jesus," I say laughing.
She finally gets it and pulls my pants along with it. I unzip her skirt and just as I'm pulling it off, she says,
"Wait!"
"What!?!" I say, throwing my head back in semi-mock anguish and konk my head on the wall. She smiles and kisses me on the forehead before getting up an pulling the drapes closed.
"God, Adie, no one's looking."
"I know," she says slipping her t-shirt over her head. "But it's too bright."
She climbs back on top of me and I yank the blankets over our heads, laughing.
***
When I wake up, it's dark outside. And inside, for that matter. I sit up rubbing my neck. 'Adie sure did a number on me, ' I think, laughing to myself. Fishing around, I find my boxers and pull them on. Suddenly I have a terrible nicotine fit, so I stumble over to the table and grope around for a cigarette and lighter. I push open the curtains and window so I can smoke without freaking people out. I'm looking out at nighttime Salem, Oregon when I hear,
"You are such a cliché."
I turn around to see Adie wrapping the comforter around herself. She walks over and lays her head on my shoulder.
"The lights are pretty, huh?" she says.
"Why am I a cliché?" I ask her.
"Smoking after sex," she says, shaking her head in disapproval before giggling. She opens he blanket and wraps me in it too.
"Aren't' you cold?" she says cuddling into me.
"Nicotine was more important," I say taking a drag off the cigarette.