Another Day, Another Hotel

One Word: Fahey

"You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met you!" I hear Tre screaming in the hall from the bathroom, over the noise of Adrienne taking a shower, no less. She pokes her head out from behind the curtain.
"Tre," I say, smooshing product into my hair. She nods and goes back to her shower. I leave the bathroom and look out the door.
"Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet. Success has been so easy for you. But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now and I can put you back down too," Tre, Jason White and assorted members of My Chemical Romance are in the hall shaking their asses while Tre sings loudly. They all join in for the chorus:
"Don't... don't you want me. You know I don't believe it when you say that you don't need me..."

I see Mike's sticking his head out of his room to see what the hell's going down as well. I pull back into the room. Adie's out of the shower and sitting on the bed with a towel flopped on her head.
"What's going on?" she asks from under the towel.
"Human League orgy," I reply, plopping down next the her. I raise the front of the towel off her face. "Why the terry cloth burka?"
"The dryer died."
"What?"
"The hair dryer died. I don't feel like being drippy."

There's a banging at the door. Adie looks at me as if to say, 'Get it you lazy bitch.' I sigh and pout at her before dragging myself off the bed. I look back at Adie and she yanks the towel back down over her face. Chuckling, I open the door to see Gerard's standing there, looking over his shoulder.
"What do you want now?" I say, semi-jokingly putting my hands on my hips.
"Don't be mean," Adie says, her words muffled by the towel.
"Uh, we have to fly back east to do TRL," he says edging away from the ass shakers in the hall who are now creeping closer.
"Oh yeah," I say. "I remember you saying something about that."
"Uh huh. And we were wondering if you guys were coming too..." his voice trails off and his attention is drawn to Jason pole dancing on Tre. "It should be interesting."
"Not as interesting as that," I say nodding towards Tre pole smacking Jason's ass. "Go talk to the others."
"I'm kind of afraid to," he says looking back again.
"Don't be," I say closing the door.
"Spending a day at TRL with the young people... ooh and your secret admirer Damien Fahey," she giggles, still under the towel.
"You shut up!" I shriek before pouncing on her.

"So I called our people, who called TRL and they said they'd be thrilled to have you guys double appear with us," Gerard says as we're all sitting in a booth at a restaurant in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
"Oh god," I say, laying my head down on the table. He glances at me before continuing.
"So I looked into it, and at the same time we're booked to be on there, you guys don't have any gigs for the whole week."
"Yeah, that's a week of time off," I mutter.
"So, it'll take tops, two days for you to come with us and then you'll have five more days off. I mean, you weren't planning to go back to California anyway, were you?"

I groan and take a long drink of my vodka. Adie chuckles and rubs my hair sympathetically.
"Why are you so anti-TRL?" Mikey Way asks me.
"Is that a rhetorical question?" I ask sarcastically, but obviously it wasn't. I sigh.
"One word: Fahey." I take another drink.
"What?"
"Damien Fahey is a creepy nine foot freak," Tre cackles
"He has a man-crush on Billie," Adie says, trying not to laugh.
"I know," Mike snickers. "He's always fawning over him, stuttering- the works. He probably gets sweaty palms, too."
"Oh Jesus," I say burying my face in Adrienne's shoulder. The rest of the table laughs. "He's so creepy," I moan.
"So you're not gonna come?" Gerard asks.
"Oh no, we'll be there," Mike says grinning evily. "Billie's not the only one who gets to make decisions. Maybe this time he'll grab your ass."

I groan again and the whole table bursts into laughter.
"I hate you," I say into Adie's shoulder.