Status: in progress <3

Washroom Color

" viii

you are my light in the dark .

I guess I got the wrong idea when Kennedy said that they were going into the studio, because my brother explained that we were actually going to be in Pat's basement.

“You shouldn't come along,” Seth said, and I narrowed my eyes at him, tossing his phone to the table and hoping that it would break. “You'll get bored and annoying.”

“And since when is it your say when I go somewhere or not,” I said, and I had to make an effort to restrain myself from folding my arms over my chest in irritation. No that would be rude. “He invited me. And so I'm going to invite Fee.” I looked over at her and nodded my head. She'd just ventured back into the kitchen and was shrugging her shoulders in a “Whatever” kind of manner.

who invited you?” Seth demanded.

“Kennedy”

He coughed loudly as though it was ridiculously funny, even though he'd just been proven wrong.

He had nothing else to say after that. He just grabbed his phone from the table and dialed a number, while he stomped upstairs to do whatever it was he was going to do. I figured that he was phoning Kennedy back, because five minutes later he came back downstairs and said “If you're going to come you going to need to be ready in 60 seconds, I'm not joking.”

I don't know how either of us pulled together looking halfway decent in the amount of time that Seth gave us, but we did. I'd raked a brush through my hair while Felice helped me apply concealer to the dark patches beneath my eyes. She said that if there was even a slight chance that I was going to be seeing Garrett today, that I needed to look my best no matter how long it too, and how pissed off Seth got.

“He has a girlfriend,” I recalled, repeating the fact he'd said to me yesterday.

Fee only shrugged. “Doesn't mean you can't make him want you...”

She should talk, she'd have him wrapped around her finger in three seconds.

We piled into my brother's small car, and I let Fee ride shotgun because it was probably safer for my mental heath. “So where we goin'?” she asked.

“Phoenix.” he grunted, though granted his mood seemed to be getting a little bit better.

Twenty minutes later we'd arrived, and Seth was banging on the door with me and Fee close in tow. It was Pat who opened the door and ushered us inside. “Ah, the clones have arrived.” I watched as Seth punched him in shoulder.

I'm going to admit right off the bat that on the night of the Maine's show when Pat asked me if Seth and I were twins, I was a little bit surprised that it had even crossed his mind. No one had ever thought that about us before. After all, we don't really look anything alike. I'm a brunette and his hair is closer to black, my eyes are brown, and his are more on the hazel to green side.

But maybe Pat was right. Maybe our faces did look a little a like, but I'd never taken the time to actually notice that or not. I made a mental note to ask Fee at some point, but I was already sure that her answer would be a fat no.

And we most certainly weren't clones to say the least. “Pat,” I greeted him with a smile and a small wave. “This is my friend Felice. Fee, Pat.” Fee waved shyly, and Pat licked his lips and seemed to have trouble tearing his eyes away from her.

“The gang's down stairs, make yourselves at home,” He said and quickly scampered towards the stairs as Seth wandered to the kitchen,

We'd been in here for all of seven seconds and I was already feeling awkward. “Hey, lets go downstairs,” Fee suggested, sensing my awkward, most likely, and taking control like the good friend she was.

When we'd descended the stairs, I was surprised at how big the space actually was, and I was surprised that they could fit so many people into a room that sounded so small. Against one wall there was a ratty old couch, and I immediately noticed that Garrett was one of the people on it. With a girl of course, more than likely his girlfriend. I tore my eyes away from him before he could notice me staring.

On the other side of the room there was a whole studio like set up: mic, drum kit, the works. Pat was already seated on the stool, tapping lightly at one of the symbols. I caught the rest of the boys meandering around the room, John was leaning over a macbook that was seated near the mic, and Kennedy was looking over his shoulder. Jared was standing in a corner, talking quietly on his cellphone and another guy I'd never seen before was fiddling with cords and amps.

Pat must have noticed me looking, because he called out, “Say hi to the second clone everyone. And her friend.” He tacked on at the end. All of them acknowledged me in some sort of way, and I turned my head around with Garrett called me over to him. I ushered Fee before me, and introduced them. In tern, he placed his hand on the back of the girl he was sitting with, and beamed. “Marcel, my girlfriend.”

Of course, Marcel. What a perfect little name for a perfect little girl. She was perfect, after all. All perfect and genuine smiles and deep red hair. I wanted to hate her, but the second she opened her mouth I knew that I couldn't.

“Hi, Garrett told me about you, Seth's sister right? God, I never would have been able to guess that.”

I shrugged, “No one ever is.”

She turned to Fee then. “Nice to meet you,” She placed her hand on Fee's upper arm.

I could tell that Fee was a little skeptical of the hand touching action, but she didn't let it on when she smiled back.

“Alright, let's do this,” John's voice came out of no where as Seth came pounding down the stairs wielding three pieces of bread. Garrett got up, and scampered for his bass while Fee and I took his place next to Marcel.

“So let it slide, all the things that I, Have running in my mind will all be gone in time” this time, when the band was playing, I could focus on the music because there was no crowd around to distract me from what was going on. John's voice was great, and the presence all the boys had on stage was way different than how I'd experienced them before. Maybe because this wasn't a stage. It was just a basement floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments would be so lovely, without them i have no idea how i'm doing!

hannah's outfit <3 i got bored.