Status: DO NOT BE A SILENT READER! WE ALL HATE SILENT READERS!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Phoenix Wright: Guilty As Charged

Case 1: Turnabout Yatagarasu Part 1

Date: 1 PM, April 5th.
Place: ???

I didn't know why I was there. Earlier Pearly had told me she saw a vision of the man who ruined Maya's mother's life. She told me it was urgent and I had to go there. I didn't know where there was, exactly, but I was there. I was standing at the door of an incredibly dark building, with only one window. I noticed the window was giving the impression of being smashed open; there was glass everywhere. I inspected the outside of building, but found nothing but the window. It was too high to look through, though. There was nothing to assist me into looking through the window, either.

After a while, I hesitantly tried the door. At first, it didn't open. It was almost as if someone were pushing their weight against it. I tried kicking it and after a while of that, I forced the door open. I heard a cry as I did that and a thud as if someone had been hit into the wall. I poked my head through the door, only to see more darkness.
"Um... H-hello?" I asked, nervously.
Nobody answered me. I fished my hand into my pocket and got out my torch.

I switched the light on.
"Ahh," I said as the room filled with light, "That's better."
I was wrong. My attention was immediately brought to a sight I unfortunately often see, a corpse. The corpse of a mister Redd White. The body had clearly been there for a while, as it was cold. Blood had managed to splatter all over the wall and was everywhere on the floor. Making sure the door didn't close on me, I moved my torch around the room to look for any clues. That's when I saw her.

A young girl, of later teenage age, was sitting on the opposite side of the room. I had hit her in my attempt to open the door. She looked disoriented and confused as she sat there, with blood all over her clothes. She held a large knife in her hand, covered in the victim's blood. She was dirty and had a key in her hair. In her pocket, there was a strange gadget. I wondered if it was a mobile phone. I worried as I thought she could call someone and tell them she'd be found.

I backed away slowly.
Eventually, she spoke, "Wait! P-please... I'm s-scared..."
I didn't trust her, but she sounded so vunerable...and innocent.
"My fingerprints. They aren't the only ones on this knife. We can check with Little Thief. I mean it."
I asked, "Little Thief?"
The girl stood up, grunting a lot. She took the strange gadget out of her pocket. She then put the knife down, which, honestly, relieved me so very much. She put the gadget over the knife, pressed a few buttons and an image of the knife was projected around the room with a bright, green light. I was impressed.
"WOAH!"
She smiled a bit more. The projection of the knife showed a scan for fingerprints and some data on who matched the fingerprints. Two photos showed up, one of the young girl and one of a face I did not think I would see again, Dee Vasquez.
"AHHH!" I screamed. "VASQUEZ!"

The girl jumped back in fear and the projection disappeared.
"Wait, wait," I said, "I didn't mean to scare you..."
The girl huddled up in a corner and hugging her knees, she began to cry.
I stepped closer to her and said, "Please tell me what happened."
She looked up at me with teary eyes and whispered, "Ok... Mr. Wright."
I jumped back and yelled, "HOW DO YOU KNOW MY NAME?!"
She giggled slightly, "Heh. Mr. Edgeworth talks about you a lot. I'm his partner, I suppose you could say. We've known each other since I was little, when my father died. Anyway, I hear you're a great defence lawyer... Um, can I ask you something? You have to answer honestly, though."
I sat next to her, feeling uncertainty mixed with a little bit of trust.
"Sure," I answered.
She replied, "Do you think I killed him?"

I sighed and said, "Anyone who Edgeworth trusts cannot be a murderer, no. I trust you, so you trust me. Please, tell me what happened."
She nodded and said, "My name is Kay. I was kidnapped earlier today. I don't know who was the kidnapper, but I do know I was knocked out and there's a lump on my head to prove it. When I woke up, I was here. That lady you called Vasquez, the pretty, brunette lady, was in the room, with a disgusted look on her face as her clothes were covered in blood. I looked down to realise my clothes were covered in blood as well, as you can plainly see, the victim's blood managed to splatter everywhere.... She was holding a knife. Panicked, she thrust the knife into my hands. I don't know why, but since then I've just been holding it. Using me as a boost up, she jumped on the windowsill, smashed the glass and jumped out. I don't know how she survived, I mean, from in here that window looks pretty high. Then, I heard the door lock from the outside. I tried numerous times to exit, but I just couldn't. I also couldn't get up that window... It's....really high. That corpse is really scaring me. A few hours later, you came along and tried to open the door. I was sitting against it and I felt you nearly opening it, that's why I pushed against it, because, obviously, I look so much like a murderer right now."

It was hard to take all of what she said in.
I eventually patted her on the back and said, "You've been very brave."
Suddenly, the door closed and reopened to reveal Edgeworth and a few police officers. He seemed angry that they were with them, he was growling and frowning at them and everything. He saw us both sitting there, with bewildered looks in our eyes and shook his head sadly. Kay looked down.
He said, "Kay. I got your text message. Everything will be alright. Unfortunately, for you, you texted me in the middle of a meeting and all the policemen saw the text message... Grr... It'll be fine, I promise. For now, you're only a suspect and you're going to have to spend a little time in the Detention Centre, but I'll make sure you get out safely."

The policemen came in and confiscated the body. Kay looked so upset as she was taken away by the police. Naturally, I was also a suspect.
Crud, I thought.
Edgeworth said to me as I was being taken away, "You'll get out of jail just fine, but Kay won't. When you get out, I have one big favour. No, demand, actually."
I gulped and said, "Yes?"
"Defend Kay. And win."