Status: DO NOT BE A SILENT READER! WE ALL HATE SILENT READERS!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Phoenix Wright: Guilty As Charged

Case 2: Turnabout Cruise Part 4

Date: About 5:20 AM, January 4th.
Place: Edgeworth Residence.

I couldn't find myself having the ability to lay my head against my pillow. I was worried about having a common dream, the incident in which I thought I killed my father. It's a flashback, but only part of it. Recently I had found out the truth. But enough about that. I lay awake as the hands on the clock ticked by.

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick. Then, the Steel Samurai theme song. My phone was ringing. I looked at who was calling and frowned.
"Wright?" I said to myself. "Since when does he ever ring me?"
I answered, "Wright?"
Wright sounded panicked, "E-Edgeworth... Have you s-seen K-Kay?"
I mumbled, "No, why? Should I have?"
"Well," he said. "She's supposed to be defending Maya."
"Defending? What?" I asked. "Put Maya on the phone. Now."

Maya said, "Mr. Edgeworth. You have to find Kay. She left last night on an investigation to find clues to help our case and she hasn't been back since. I'm worried."
I growled, "Her? Your case? She's defending you? She's not a lawyer! Wait. She's been there overnight? And didn't return?"
Maya replied, "Nope. She didn't even call or anything. She's gone without a trace."
"WHERE WAS THE INVESTIGATION?!" I yelled, admittedly worried.
Intimidated, Maya shrieked, "Eeek! U-um, the Gatewater Luxury Cruise Ship, boarded at N-Nick's office..."
I hung up, got out of bed and jumped into the car.

Date: 5:30 AM, January 4th.
Place: Site of the Gatewater Luxury Cruise Ship wreckage.

I stood there, seeing only rubble and water. I was informed the ship had sunk.
"Does that mean the case is over?" I asked.
"No," said some waitress. "We're going to send divers to investigate later. Of course, those divers are helping the prosecutor..."
I pushed the waitress out of the way and headed towards some discarded swimming gear. I didn't know if it was safe, but I did know if Kay was in that sunken ship, I was going to save her.

I dived into the icy, cold water. There it was. Sunken, with a massive hole in the middle, like it had been hit with a cannonball, or something of that manner. I swam through the hole. The first thing I saw was Kay. Lying there. Not moving. Blood flowing through the water. I worried about the possibility of an attraction of sharks, she was bleeding that much.

I ripped off my oxygen tank and attached it to Kay. I grabbed her and swam to the surface.
Why does it have to be so far away? I thought.

With every kick of my legs, my lungs seemed to explode a little more. It was indescribable pain. If we had stayed any longer.... I don't want to think of it.

I brought her to shore.
"KAY!"
I felt for her pulse, only to find nothing. I listened for her heartbeat, only to hear nothing.
"NO! KAY! KAAAAAAAY!"
I put my hands on her chest (shut up) and pushed down, checking for her heartbeat.
"KAY!"
No. This can't happen, I thought to myself.
"Kay," I said. "Please. Wake up. Please wake up, for me."
She didn't respond.

I just sat there, holding her. I didn't know what to do, what to think. My face was emotionless, as was everything else about me. I hugged her.
"Please," I whispered in her ear. "Wake up, Kay."
She didn't respond, again. I was getting frustrated.
"I love you. Wake up."

I didn't expect it to happen, but tears rolled down my cheeks. I don't cry. I was so embarrassed. I really hoped nobody was watching. Suddenly, Kay woke up.
"Mr. Edgeworth," she mumbled. "Thank you."
I hugged her really tightly and said, "You're welcome, Kay..."
Kay was clearly ill. Obviously lightheaded. She couldn't possibly take the case like that.
"I'll be the defense lawyer, Kay."
Kay shook her head and coughed, "N-no. I'm fine. Honestly. Please let me take the case."
Still holding her, I brought her closer and said, "Yes. Alright, Kay."
"Do....you....really.....love me?" she asked.
I paused and helped her stand up.
"...............................................................Yes."

With that, she smiled.
"How do I win the case?" she questioned.
I replied, "Do you remember finding anything?"
She thought about this for a while and answered, "I do remember a blood stained wallet... Containing the names Cammy Meele, Phoenix Wright and Von Karma. Do they mean anything to you?"
I said, "Phoenix Wright? Why would Wright's name come up? Wait. What was that last name?"
"Von Karma."
"....."

Date: 8:00 AM, January 4th.
Place: Faraday Residence.

I was so confused. Earlier that day, Mr. Edgeworth confessed his love for me, saved my life and then, suddenly, when I mentioned the name Von Karma, he left me. I eventually went home. The case is going to start soon. And I'm not allowed to investigate. Not that I can investigate. This really sucks. The whole ship is underwater. I don't think I can ever face Mr. Wright and Maya again.

...On the bright side, Mr. Edgeworth loves me.