Status: DO NOT BE A SILENT READER! WE ALL HATE SILENT READERS!!! XDDDDDDDDDD

Phoenix Wright: Guilty As Charged

Case 3: Turnabout Eternal Sleep Part 1

Place: Kurain Village Fey Temple.
Date: About 4:00 AM, 7th September.

Before I begin to tell the, um, events of that time, I must say I'm a little girl and I'm not sure how to go about writing this. I will do my best. Anyway, I had just gotten back from a party at Mystic Maya and Mr. Nick's office. Everyone was having such a great time. I had never seen Mystic Maya and Mr. Nick seem so involved in one another. It was so romantic.

After ages of laughing and champagne drinking, Mystic Maya was tired.
"Night, Nick," she said. "And congratulations again."
Mr. Nick grinned, "Thanks, Maya. It isn't easy to get paid such a big amount of money."
"I know."
I chirped, "You should buy your special someone a present!"
Mystic Maya growled, "Pearly!" as she dragged me away.
"Bye bye, Mr. Nick!"
"Bye, Pearls. Bye Maya."

We were at Kurain Village, in our temple. Usually, my mother would tuck me in and welcome me. She seemed so nice to Mystic Maya.... But she did that thing..... Just for me.... But that story's for another time. My mother... Is in jail. I don't want to talk about it.

Mystic Maya tucked me in instead.
She gave me a big hug and said, "Goodnight, Pearly."
"Goodnight, Mystic Maya."
She turned off the light and went outside.

I knew it was early in the morning. It was still dark out. I had just woken up from a deep, deep sleep. My dream contained lots of scenes of me falling. I landed on something. It seemed to be a heap of bones. Then I woke up. And that's when everything went horribly wrong.

I turned around in my bed to go and get myself a glass of water when I hit something. It felt like a body. I wondered if it was Mystic Maya. But it felt all bony. Nothing like a person. I jumped over the body and turned on the light. If only I hadn't...

There was an icky, creepy, bloody corpse in my bed! Their bones were exposed and they had very little flesh! It wasn't rotten, so they must've been skinned or something. I wanted to scream, but nothing came out. I tried to cry, but my eyes were dry. Suddenly, I felt like a grown up. This is what Mr. Nick and Mystic Maya often experience, I think. It was almost as if my childhood was falling apart, already, at the age of nine. I know I'll never be the same...

I ran out the room and clung to Mystic Maya's dress. I thought Mystic Maya was inside it... But when she turned around, her face was a skeleton and now that I think about it, her hair was grey.
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," I shrieked.
I sped out of the room, only to find myself in another room full of skeletons, just like the other two I found earlier.
"OH, GOSH," I panicked. "What is going on?! Oh, oh, oh!!!!"

I couldn't help but cry. Silently cry. I jumped out of the temple. THE WHOLE VILLAGE WAS FULL OF LIFELESS SKELETONS.
"Nooooooooo!!!!" I screamed.
Panicked, I ran out of the village. For hours I ran until I ended up at Mr. Nick's office.

"Mr. Nick," I sobbed. "For goodness's sake, please help me."
Thank goodness Mr. Nick was normal. He sat up in bed, looking very tired. I think it's called a hangover? Well, he had one of those.
"Huh," he mumbled. "What are you doing at this time, Pearls?"
I forced the words out, "I found a dead person in my bed....and and and..... Oh, it's just so awful! M-Mystic Maya, she, she, she........... WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!"

Mr. Nick jolted out of bed.
"What's wrong with Maya?!"
I replied, through sobs, "She's a.... SKELETON!!!"
"What?" said Mr. Nick.
"JUST HURRY!" I yelled, now losing patience.

Mr. Nick called a taxi and we jumped in.
"Kurain Village. And step on it. Please," Mr. Nick ordered.
"Yes, sir," said the taxi driver.
The trip would've been silent if the taxi driver hadn't spoken.
"So," he said. "Kurain Village is a place for spirit mediums, yeah?"
"Yes," I replied.
"Why are you going there?" he asked.
Mr. Nick replied, "This little girl here's a spirit medium and she lives in the Fey Temple."
"Wow!" he exclaimed. "The Fey Temple! Faaaaancy!"
I would've giggled at a remark like that, but I didn't have the energy.

We arrived there and Mr. Nick paid the nice man the money.
"Thanks," they both said.
I held Mr. Nick's hand and squeezed tightly. We both slowly entered the village. The first thing we ended up doing was stepping on one of the skulls.
"Ahhhhhhh," screamed Mr. Nick. "THERE'S STILL FLESH ON THESE PEOPLE! OH MY GOSH!"
He picked me up and ran into the Fey Temple. I wrapped my arms around him, terrified.

We entered Mystic Maya's room. The skeleton, still in her clothes and with her hairstyle, just lay there. Nervously, Mr. Nick turned the body around.
"Oh, gosh, no," he said. "No. No. No. NO! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
I cried and cried and cried until I had no more tears left. Mr. Nick seemed to be doing the same thing as me. Crying and cringing at the sight of the skeleton.
"O-ok," Mr. Nick stammered. "D-don't panic. Let's just s-say, that, um, that's not Maya. It c-could be anyone. Dressed as her."
"Y-yeah," I replied, cheering up. "A-anyone."
Then we got a closer look at the face.

"NO!" Mr. Nick cried.
I continued to look at her. I couldn't take my eyes off that body. It was like I was frozen in time. I was so scared. A better look at her face and we knew. We both knew. Those were her eyes. Her expression. Her face. Parts of her flesh were still there. It was her. We just didn't want to believe it.
"No," I whispered. "This can't be. It must be a mistake."
Mr. Nick lay on the floor, curled up in a ball, shivering and quietly crying.

I kneeled next to him. We both felt so defeated. It was Mystic Maya. There was no denying it. He turned around and hugged me, still crying.
"This village has had its life sucked away," Mr. Nick sobbed.
"I know. I just know. I don't want to, but I know," I replied.
Knowledge kills me sometimes.