Status: Slowly updating... Leave comments? :D

Another Teenage Drama?

30

Then I tooted. And it was rancid!

“Oh, that’s just gross!” Aidan said plugging his nose. He opened the windows in his room, and we left.

We walked out to the backyard to call the doctor, also to clear the room.

“It’s just another symptom!” I repeated for the fourth time.

“And it’s natural, blah blah blah. It’s still gross babe.”

“Whatever. Do you want to call?” I asked handing over my phone.

“Sure. Whats the number.”

“555-3214 I think.”

“Mkay.” He began dialing, and pushed ‘call’. “Hello? Hi, I’d like to make an appointment to make sure that my girlfriend is pregnant?”

“Okay, I just need her name, please.”

“Kelsey, Kelsey…. Langly.” I barely noticed that he put his last name. Then I questioned it when he was put on hold a moment later.

“Aidan? I think you, uh, might have made a mistake with the, uh, last name. Just curious.”

“Oh, that wasn’t a mistake. I want the baby to have my last name, and didn’t want to risk them putting the matrons name.” Aidan said, covering the phone’s speaker.

“I’m sure they would have asked, at some point or another. And besides, they’re going to need my medical information and what do you think they’re going to say when all of my cards, I.D, Social Security, etcetera, don’t have the same last name that they have on file?” I murmured.

“Well, I, uh, hadn’t thought of that. We’ll de- Hello? Yes, okay. Yeah, three thirty is fine. Mhmm-hmm thank you. No problem, see you soon.” He said into the phone. “We have an appointment for three thirty, in case you couldn’t hear. Do you think you can be ready in ten to twenty minutes?”

“I’ll try.”

I started getting ready, and was finished in only fifteen minutes. I sat on Aidan’s bed to put on my shoes, thinking about how soon I wouldn’t be able to do this on my own. At least not easily.

We went to the appointment, and checked in. They called my name and Aidan and I went to a room. When the doctor came in he took my blood pressure, checked my heart, lungs, and breasts. I don’t know what for, but I wasn’t going to ask. Aidan sat in a chair quietly for this. When the doctor was done, he started asking me questions.

“When is the estimated date you conceived?” He asked.

“Um, around May tenth. Exactly that actually.”

“Okay, so your due date is probably around January. We’ll do an actual test later. Last menstrual cycle?”

“The sixth.” I said, not looking at Aidan. In case it got Awkward, which I doubted but still.

“Okay… And what symptoms have led you to believe you are pregnant?”

“Well, I keep throwing up when I feel perfectly fine five minutes before, I missed my last period, I’m craving the weirdest things, like right now I really want pickle and a bean burrito, and I’m tired all the time.”

“And she farts a lot more. I read somewhere that could be a symptom.” Aidan chirped. I hit him in the shoulder, and Dr. Flee smirked.

“Your probably pregnant, but I’ll need to run some tests. I have to do a routine Pap smear, and blood work,” I cringed, “ And we have to do a Pelvic exam, which is probably going to be uncomfortable for you. But I need you to change into a gown and lay back. I’ll be back in a couple of minutes.”

The doctor left the room. “How you doing babe?” Aidan said.

“I don’t want to get blood work done. At all. And I do not want him to put his fingers in me, or anything else. This is just going to be unpleasant.”

“You think I’m happy about this? That’s supposed to be my job!”

“Aidan, don’t be disgusting.” I snapped.

“I’m just saying. Don’t be worried, I’ll be right here the whole time. You can cry when they take your blood if you want to.”

“Gee, thanks for your permission.”

“Anytime.” He smirked. I didn’t respond and I put on the ugly gown. I had Aidan tie the little strings in the back. There was a knock on the door and I sat down on the table as Aidan said, “Come in.” The door opened and the doctor came in with a huge needle and a couple of tubes. There was a glass cup thing also. He went to the cabinet they keep in the examining rooms and pulled out this contraption.

“We’ll take your blood first, so we can get it to the lab and get the results faster.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The number is fake. I think at least, I just made it up XD And you would not believe the research I had to do in order to write this chapter!