Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Hermione, why were you laughing during potions today?"

The next day, Hermione was back to her old, perky self. Harry and Ron noticed and appreciated the sudden change, excited to see her happy again.

She was always excited to go to potions, even though she couldn't show it. She and Draco acted friendlier than before, but not so much that it would call attention.

Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened. Ron caught Hermione laughing a little too hard at something Draco said, and immediately interrogated her after class.

"Hermione, why were you laughing during potions today?"

"Oh, something Draco said," Hermione replied nonchalantly.

"Draco? On a first name basis now, are you? Blimey Hermione, if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were friends with him!"

Hermione whirled around angrily to face him. "And so what if I am? If I have to be his potions partner for the rest of the year, then I might as well be friendly with him!"

Ron and Harry just stared at her, mouths agape, until Ron broke the silence and spat, "Fine, go ahead, be friends with him. Go bloody marry him, for all I care. But don't expect us to be there when he drops you on your ass."

With that, Harry and Ron turned and headed upstairs without a second glance.

Draco watched her slump down against the wall.

He saw her put her head down and begin to cry.

When she started to shake from the vigorous sobbing, he knew she needed him.

Draco told Crabbe and Goyle he'd meet them later, and then headed over to the girl he was slowly falling in love with.

He sank down next to her and touched her back softly. She flinched, but didn't protest, and he pulled her in to him, so she was heaving on to his chest.

"Shh. It'll be okay," he crooned. She continued to cry for a few more minutes until Draco said, "So maybe this isn't such a good idea after all."

With glassy eyes she looked up at him and whispered, "What do you mean?"

"I mean maybe you'd be better off without me. At least you would have your friends."

"No," she said stubbornly. "They'll come around. But... I want you. Please."

Draco didn't need to be told twice. He leaned down and kissed her, fusing them in to one solitary being. The normal electric sparks that they'd both come to love twitched and exploded as Draco deepened the kiss, letting each of them fully explore the others mouth.

As the need to undress her pulled at Draco's lower body, he pulled away, leaving her hungry for more. She pouted at him and he grinned, diving in for a last kiss. When he heard footsteps from around the corner, he got up quickly and said "Meet me in the seventh floor corridor around eleven tonight."

She nodded quizzically, but didn't have time to respond as a student was on his way. She blew Draco a kiss, then headed upstairs, grinning from ear to ear.