Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Granger? Are you in- hey, is this another girls lavatory?"

That night, Hermione sat in the common room by herself in an armchair in a corner. Ron and Harry were whispering together, and every so often Ron would throw her a not-so-subtle glare.

She missed them a lot, even if it had only been a couple of hours. Knowing Ron, it would probably be best to let him cool off a bit.

One by one tired witches and wizards went off to their dormitories, the last ones being Harry and Ron, throwing hateful glances as they passed.

Hermione shook it off, feeling a little empty, but shivered with anticipation of seeing Draco nonetheless. As the clock ticked to 10:55 and the common room was deserted, Hermione climbed out of her armchair, packed her homework away, and crawled through the portrait hole, apologizing for waking the Fat Lady up.

She hurried down the seventh floor corridor, not sure where she was supposed to be going. She ended up sitting against a large empty wall, waiting for Draco.

She grimaced as she realized that she had forgotten to go to the bathroom. Hermione began to pace back and forth, thinking about how much she needed to use the restroom.

Seconds later, a gigantic, black, ornate door appeared in the empty wall she had been sitting against, and deciding since Draco was late anyway, she would go in and explore.

She pushed against the door, almost bursting out in to a fit of laughter when she saw what it was.

A single bathroom stall was situated in the middle of a giant, blank room. Hermione walked up to it tentatively, and finding it to be a normal toilet, she sat down and used it. As she was washing her hands in the sink that had magically appeared, the large door was pushed open.

"Granger? Are you in- hey, is this another girls lavatory?"

Hermione playfully glared at Draco for calling her Granger. Then she asked, "Are you feeling okay? Your voice is a little more high-pitched then normal."

He lowered it quite obviously as he said, "No, I'm fine. So, what is this room?"

Hermione grinned. "If I'm correct and I think I am, it's the Room of Requirement!" Draco arched one eyebrow, waiting for her to continue. "I read about it somewhere... apparently, if you need something and you walk past the room thinking about it, it will appear. I had to use the restroom," she muttered, blushing.

"Oh... how interesting," he said under his breath.

She walked over to him, swinging her hips, and put her arms around his neck, reaching up to kiss him. Before she could, though, he side stepped her.

"What do you think you're doing, Mudblood?"

Hermione stumbled back, completely taken off guard. "W-what?"

"You heard me, Granger."

"What's gotten into you? Are you angry with me?"

"Why would I be?"

"I don't know, the fact that you won't even let me touch you and you're calling me awful names," she replied, her voice hardening.

Draco barked out a laugh. "Why would I want you touching me? You're filthy."

Hermione's defensive side faltered as the dreaded tears began to well in her eyes. "Why are you saying this to me? Do you not want to be with me anymore? What about everything that happened between us?"

"I would never be with someone as disgusting as you. It was a joke. And you totally fell for it. See you later Granger," he spat out maliciously.

Hermione stared after him, open-mouthed, and waited for the tears to stop.

She waited a long time.