Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"That... that... grindylow!"

On Saturday evening, as Hermione was doing her homework, she was approached by a bashful looking Harry and a slightly indignant looking Ron.

"Um, Hermione?"

"Oh... hi Harry. Hello, Ronald."

"Hermione... we're uh, we kind of- just wanted to-" Ron fumbled for the right words but Hermione cut him off by wrapping them both in a huge hug.

"Merlins beard, I have missed you two!"

"We're sorry, Hermione. If you want to be... er- acquaintances with Malfoy, I suppose that's alright... I guess."

"Thank you, you know, he's not all that bad when you get used to him-" Harry and Ron shifted uncomfortably, obviously not agreeing.

"But, who cares? Come, sit down, tell me about how your days have been going!" Hermione said jovially, changing the topic quickly. She was just happy to have them back. Ron and Harry settled down in to the couch next to her, talking animatedly about their past few days.

When Harry began to talk about the Quidditch teams latest win, and he and Ron reached up to high-five, Hermione saw something that made her blood run cold.

"Harry," Hermione said icily, and he turned and stared at her with wide eyes. "What's on your hand?"

"Oh, this? N-nothing. I just s-scratched myself. That's all." Hermione grabbed Harry's hand and held it close to her face, gasping when she saw that "I will not tell lies" was etched on to the back of his hand.

"She did this to you, didn't she? That... that... grindylow! We have to go tell Dumbledore, now!" She stood up and was ready to storm out of the common room when Harry and Ron each grabbed one of her arms and pulled her back down.

"Dumbledore has enough to deal with without my stupid injuries. Plus, telling him would be letting her win. We can't let her see that it bothers us."

"We've got to do something though, mate. This is torture," Ron remarked gravely.

Hermione smiled brightly. "I think I have an idea! Okay, so we know that we aren't the only ones that want to fight Umbridge. What we need to do is round up who is with us, and create an army. And you can teach us, Harry!"

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Hermione. I'm no teacher."

"Come on, mate! You've faced more than all of us put together!"

"Okay," Harry said uneasily. "But where would we do it anyway?"

"I have the perfect place," Hermione replied with a grin.