Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Does it not bother you?"

When they pulled away, Ron was smiling goofily. "I'm sorry," he whispered happily, not sounding at all sorry. Just then, a crash echoed in the hallway, and Hermione whipped around to see Draco walking away, leaving a broken vase in his trail.

She sprinted after him, leaving Ron muttering to himself. She yelled out his name, but he wouldn't turn around. Finally, she caught up with him near the Great Hall, where he got held up by a slow group of first years.

She grabbed a hold of him and he turned around, wrenching out of her grasp. "What, Hermione? What do you want from me?"

Tears pricked at the back of her eyes. "I'm so, so sorry. He kissed me-"

"But you kissed back!" he yelled accusingly.

"I know, but it was an accident! I swear! Please, please forgive me."

He sat down on a bench and sighed, clasping his hands together. "Maybe this relationship isn't for the best."

"You've said that before... you just keep forgetting that I'm in love with you," she whispered.

He looked in to her eyes and cupped her chin in his hand, leaning in to place a small, sweet kiss on her ready lips. But as soon as their lips touched, he pulled back. "You taste like Weasley," he muttered, frowning.

Hermione blushed furiously and pulled out some lip gloss, slathering it over her lips quickly. She leaned up and kissed him deeply, leaving him looking dazed and happy. "Better?" she asked, smiling weakly.

He nodded, smiling slightly. "All your Gryffindor friends are ignoring you."

"As are your Slytherins."

"Does it not bother you?" he asked, suddenly furious. He got up and started pacing in front of her. "They will never approve. My father would never approve. No one will ever approve! Hell, I don't even know if I approve anymore!"

Hermione bit down on her lip to keep from crying. "So, what are you saying?"

His voice softened considerably as he sat back down, gazing at her intently. "I love you, Hermione-"

She cut him off. "Just not enough to forget your friends and your family. You simply can't be with me, can you?"

He sighed. "I... I don't know."

She choked back a sob. That wasn't the answer she had been expecting. She got up slowly and forced out, "I guess I'll be seeing you, then."

He waved half heartedly and began to walk down towards the dungeons as she headed upstairs. They looked at each other again, only allowing themselves one moment, and then walked away, intending not to speak to each other again.

Funny how plans always get changed, isn't it?