Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"CanIsihereiyoudonmin?"

After her split with Draco went viral, Hermione was welcomed back to Gryffindor with open arms. Meanwhile, she caught a glimpse of Draco strutting around with Crabbe and Goyle following him, as well as Pansy on his arm. It hurt to walk by and not acknowledge him, but with Ron and Harry chattering beside her, Hermione felt like she would make it.

Speaking of Ron, when she got back to the common room that night, Ron was nowhere to be found, and Harry was fuming. "You kissed him and ran away? Why would you do that?"

"What in blazes are you talking about? Ronald kissed me, and Draco saw us. I ran after Draco to make things right, and..."

"And what?" Harry pressed.

"And we are no longer together," Hermione replied shortly.

Harry grinned and pumped his fist in to the air. "Yes! Now you and Ron can be together so he can stop being a mopey git, and we don't have to worry about you betraying us and joining up with the Slytherins."

Hermione glared at Harry before saying coldly, "You could have a little more respect. I love Draco, Harry. And as for Ron... I'm not just going to get in to a relationship with him."

Harry's smile slid off his face and he gave Hermione a hug. "I'm sorry, Hermione. I'm just happy you're one of us again."

"I was always part of 'us', Harry. You know that I would never do anything to harm you, or Ron, or anyone in the Gryffindor house. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to act on my feelings. I know Draco and I can't be together, so I'm going to move on. I love Ron, Harry. But I'm not in love with him. Do you understand?"

Harry nodded, looking slightly confused, but Hermione brushed it off. He was a boy, after all.

After a few more greetings from the Gryffindors she missed so much, she settled down in to the couch with an Ancient Runes textbook. All of her late night meetings with Draco had made it hard to study.

She had only been reading for a few minutes when a shadow fell over her. She looked up at it, and the shadow mumbled, "CanIsihereiyoudonmin?"

She recognized the incoherent muttering immediately, and, being fully fluent in Ron's special language, she replied, "Of course you can sit next to me. You know you don't have to ask."

They sat for a few moments in awkward silence before Ron said, "Look, Hermione. I know you're with Malfoy and-"

"Ron, I'm not with Draco anymore. We... well, we broke up. Earlier today."

Ron's smile was so large, Hermione saw she could see his molars. "You did? Well that's absolutely fant-" Seeing Hermione's face, Ron stopped in his tracks and started over. "That really sucks, Hermione. I'm sorry."

He put his arm around her and Hermione leaned in to his chest, loving the fact that there was no pressure; Ron had seen Hermione at her worst and at her best, yet still loved her for who she was. She wasn't ready for a relationship with Ron. Not at all. But she figured, with some time, maybe she would be.