Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Shut up!"

A week later, Hermione was basically back to her old self. Ron and her were as close as ever, and she was always there to help Harry with his Cho problems.

One day, walking out of potions, she stopped dead, noticing who was in the corner of the corridor. Ron and Harry stiffened beside her, catching on immediately.

Draco and Pansy were in the corner, lips interlocked, bodies intertwined. Pansy had an intense look on her face, her eyes were closed, and she was moving against Draco in a way that was probably supposed to be sensual. Draco, on the other hand, had his eyes open with a bored expression on his face, and wasn't responding to Pansy's movements at all.

When he caught sight of Hermione, Draco pulled away from Pansy immediately, muttering something to her. Pansy turned and glared at Hermione, then pulled Draco away to continue somewhere else.

Hermione couldn't control herself; she began to shake with sobs. She felt Ron put his arms around her and lead her all the way up to the Gryffindor common room, with Harry following at their heels.

When they got the common room, Ginny came over and asked what was wrong. "She saw Malfoy and Pansy snogging," Ron replied. He then turned to Hermione and whispered, "Are you alright? Is there anything I can do?"

Hermione just shook her head and opened her arms. He reached down and pulled her in to a long, warm hug. He sat down next to her and she leaned against him. At that moment, Fred and George decided to walk in to the room.

"Finally!"

"He's been talking about it-"

"For weeks, I know! He's been so bloody-"

"Irritating. I know. And now that they're-"

"Together, he can finally-"

"Shut up!" they finished together. Hermione couldn't help but giggle at them, she always found the way they finished each other's sentences amusing.

Ron turned beet red as he muttered, "We're not together. Hermione is upset and I'm simply... comforting her."

"Right," the twins said.

"Hermione, do you want to maybe... go on a walk with me?" Ron asked, hoping to get away from his siblings and friends. Hermione nodded, and they left the common room together, producing wolf whistles and cat calls from the ones they left behind.

They headed out of the castle and down to the Black Lake, where they sat down in front of a big oak tree. Hermione let her head drop on to Ron's shoulder, and he shifted, working to make it as comfortable as possible for her.

"I really am sorry about Malfoy, Hermione."

Hermione shrugged. "It's alright. Looking back on it... I don't even understand it. It simply wasn't meant to be."

"I think, if you love someone, it's always meant to be." Ron turned and looked straight in to her eyes, smiling slightly. He reached down and kissed her, gently at first, then pried her mouth open with his tongue.

She kissed him back, but hesitantly. He was very in to it, his eyes were screwed shut and he bobbed his head back and forth. His kisses were sloppy, the opposite of Draco's neat, precise ones.

When he finally pulled back he was grinning like a madman, and Hermione was wiping spit from the side of her lip. Ron didn't take any notice, though, and asked, "Would you like to be my girlfriend, Hermione?"

Hermione glanced to her right and caught sight of Draco and Pansy across the lake, taking a stroll and holding hands. Her heart ached at the sight of it, and without even thinking, she plastered a smile on her face and exclaimed, "Yes, Ron, I would love to!"

His smile got even wider, though it didn't seem physically possible, and he got up, picked Hermione up, and swung her around. He picked her up, bridal style, and carried her, with considerable effort, to the fourth floor, where he got too tired and dropped her.

They laced hands and continued to the Gryffindor common room, where everybody erupted in applause at seeing the two of them holding hands.

But as happy as she was, all Hermione could do was think about how Ron's sweaty, red hands were so different from Draco's cool, pale ones.