Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"We can cross that bridge when we come to it."

Hermione woke up the next morning feeling more at ease then she had ever felt in her entire life. Unfortunately, the feeling vanished seconds later when she realized just where she was. Her heart began to race and she turned very, very slowly, then gasped as her worst fears were confirmed.

The arms wrapped tightly around her did in fact belong to Draco Malfoy. Hermione began to shake slightly, realizing what she had done. She slid out of his grasp to the bottom of the bed, then slid off agilely.

Draco turned and frowned again, his arms closing around thin air. Hermione began to pace slightly.

Should I wait for him to wake up and talk to him?

No! He'll only be angry with you for coming in and invading his privacy! If you get out of here without him waking up, it will be like it never happened...

But more than anything right now... I just want to crawl back in to that bed.

Well what about Ron?


Her thoughts were cut short by a stirring from the bed and she panicked, knowing there was no time to run now. Draco sat up sleepily, looking rumpled from the previous night. Hermione's breath caught in her throat as she stood, motionless, waiting for him to take notice of her.

"H-Hermione? What are you doing in here?"

She gulped, almost unable to get the words out. "I saw the door last night... and I-I just... I don't know, I'm sorry, I know I was being nosy, I just... I don't know."

He crossed the room in quick strides and grasped her shoulders. "You shouldn't be here," he muttered.

"I know," she said sadly. "But I want to be, so, so bad."

"You slept with me last night, didn't you?" Draco asked suddenly.

"I suppose... well, yes, but you were already asleep when I came in. I sort of just, crawled in to the bed last night."

"I stopped having bad dreams in the middle of the night last night. I know you were the reason why, I absolutely know it. Hermione, every day without you has been an absolute nightmare. I thought, being with Pansy would drive you out of my mind, but it has only intensified my feelings... and I love you Hermione. Simple as that. I don't understand it, I haven't figured out a way to make it work, but god dammit, I am not hiding my feelings anymore! People at Hogwarts are just going to have to piss off and learn to live with it!"

Hermione was taken aback by his sudden outburst. "Are you serious? Or are you just going to get rid of me again when the going gets tough? I don't think I can handle another heartbreak Draco, I simply can't."

"Hermione, I want to be with you. I don't know how to make you see that. I'm just hoping you trust me."

"I want to... I really do, because I'm in love with you. But, I just don't know."

"Please, Hermione. Please."

"What about your family?"

"We can cross that bridge when we come to it."

"Okay, Draco. I trust you," Hermione sighed, unable to hide the smile on her face.

He took Hermione in to his arms, pulling her in to a deep, passionate kiss. Their bodies meshed together and fit like puzzle pieces, and they only stopped when oxygen became an absolute necessity.

When they pulled apart, they were both smiling blissfully, and Draco muttered, "I'm going to break up with Pansy. You go break up with Weasley, and then we'll meet back here in an hour, deal?"

With a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach but an overjoyed feeling in her heart, Hermione uttered a small, "Yes."