Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"You know, you mean the world to me."

The next morning, it seemed that Draco and Hermione's newfound relationship got out even faster than before. She and Harry were on decent terms, and as for her and Ron... well, they tried their best not to make it awkward with each other, though they didn't usually succeed.

Draco came to sit with Hermione at the end of the Gryffindor table, seeing as how the Slytherins were furious with him. Most of the Gryffindors definitely weren't enjoying his newfound presence at their table, but they dealt, biting back their insults.

They were a happy couple, to say the least. Most nights they slept together (sometimes more than just sleeping) in the Room of Requirement. Draco told her a lot about his home life; the way his father treated him like he was nothing, and how he wanted Draco to become a death eater, just like him.

"I'm not a good person, Hermione," Draco said to her one day, lying in bed with his face in her hair.

She turned to look at him quickly, astonished. "You are an amazing person, Draco. I don't care what your father is, or what he wants you to be. He can't change who you are. And you can't be all bad, seeing as how you make me feel the way I feel. Bad people simply can't do that," she said with a smile.

He grinned at her, obviously ecstatic at what she had said. "Thank you, Hermione. You know, you mean the world to me."

"You mean the world to me, too," she said, growing quiet, her eyelids drooping.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The next morning, Hermione and Draco were awoken by an owl screeching in to their room, a red letter in it's beak. The two woke up immediately, and Draco grimaced as he realized just what it was.

The Howler was dropped on to the bed right in front of them. Hermione moved back, unnerved, and Draco just opened it, knowing that whatever was coming would come either way.

"DRACO LUCIUS MALFOY! MISS PARKINSON HAS JUST INFORMED YOUR MOTHER AND I THAT YOU HAVE ASSOCIATED YOURSELF WITH ONE HERMIONE GRANGER! THIS IS COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE. IF ANYONE GETS WORD OF THIS, THE ENTIRE FAMILY WILL BE SHAMED, AND I WILL DISOWN YOU. NOT TO MENTION, HERMIONE GRANGER WILL BE KILLED. SEVER ALL TIES WITH HER IMMEDIATELY. IF NOT, I WILL KNOW."

The Howler sputtered and ripped itself in to little pieces as Hermione ran out of the room, clearly scared for her life.