Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"That boy looks a great deal like me, you know."

"Crucio." Lucius Malfoy pointed his long, black wand at his son, his lips curling in to a cruel smile.

Without even thinking, Hermione leaped in front of Draco, taking the curse head on. Draco cried out as Hermione's knees buckled, allowing her to fall to the floor in pain.

Lucius kept his wand pointed at Hermione and his lips in a smile as Draco yelled at him to stop, begged him to give the curse to him, as it was originally planned.

"Ah, but son, I'm having so much fun giving your mudblood girlfriend what she deserves, Lucius sneered, watching Hermione writhe in agony on the floor. "But, I suppose I will lift it," he lifted the curse and Hermione lay still, panting heavily, "to do this instead. AVADA-"

"Obliviate."

A soft voice came from the door and Lucius stopped mid-curse. Albus Dumbledore walked in to the room and swiftly went over to Hermione, making sure she was okay before turning to Lucius.

"Hello, Lucius, nice to see you."

"Dumbledore. What am I doing here?"

"Dolores called you here to discuss some ministry business. I suppose your meeting ended and you got a bit lost, stumbling upon the Room of Requirement and the students inside it!" Dumbledore explained, chuckling.

"Oh, I see. That boy looks a great deal like me, you know."

Draco gulped, but no trace of worry was seen on Dumbledore's face. "It would seem so, but then again, it happens to all of us. The other day I saw a goat that seemed to be the spitting image of my father... Alas, it was not him."

Lucius simply nodded, looking somewhat confused, before turning and leaving, his sharp footsteps being heard all down the hall.

"I'm sorry if that wasn't what you had planned to do, Draco, but desperate times call for desperate measures, and I did not want to kill him."

"It's alright, Professor. That had been my decision anyway."

"Good, good. If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask. Now, let's just escort Ms. Granger to the hospital wing and-"

Hermione sat up quickly, looking a little bit dazed. "No, Professor, I'm fine. I don't need to go to the hospital wing."

Dumbledore merely shrugged. "If you insist. Now, I'm sure you two have a lot to talk about, and I'm going to go make sure that Lucius got out of the building safely." With a coy smile, Dumbledore snapped his fingers, and he was gone.

Draco sat on the bed with his arms around a shaky Hermione. "Some day, huh?"

"Some day... are you sure you're alright though?"

He kissed the top of her head. "I'm fine, don't worry about me. I'm just wondering what to do about this summer."

Hermione looked at him as if he'd sprouted another head. "Why, you'll stay with me, of course! Unless... unless you don't want to."

"No, of course I do!" Draco smiled shyly. "Getting to share a room with you all summer, sounds like fun to me. But would your parents ever let me?"

"I'll persuade them. Don't you worry."

"Alright."

They lay back on the bed, and with the weight of the world lifted off their shoulders, fell in to deep, dreamless sleeps.