Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Draco! Oh Draco! Your mum called! She said you forgot your pacifier!"

After Harry's strange outburst about boneless horses pulling the carriages, and Loony Luna Lovegood agreeing with him, Hermione was more than ready to just enjoy the feast and then get back to the common room to relax.

The feast itself was marvelous, but of course, it always was. That Umbridge woman disturbed Hermione deeply but the reassuring thought of Dumbledore kept her from worrying too much.

After the feast was over and they were released, Hermione lost sight of Harry and Ron, but pushed forcefully through the throng of students when she heard Ron yelling.

She burst out of the Great Hall to find a massive circle surrounding Harry and Draco Malfoy. Their eyes were locked in a blood-lust filled stare down, and Ron was yelling jabs from the side.

"Draco! Oh Draco! Your mum called! She said you forgot your pacifier!" A ripple went through the crowd as people chuckled weakly, but Hermione just rolled her eyes and pushed through to the center.

She hurried quickly to the middle, not stopping until she was right in between the two boys, who were about to lunge.

"Stop it, both of you! Harry, this scum isn't worth it!"

Draco grinned and brought himself up to full height, so he was towering over her. "Got yourself a girlfriend, eh, Potter?"

At this, Ron leapt out, brandishing his wand, and yelled, "Let's go Malfoy! You and me, right-"

With a flick of her wand, Hermione had literally clamped Ron's mouth shut and pushed him back into the circle.

"I can see why you'd go for her, Potter. Granger has definitely... grown up a bit," Draco remarked, waggling his eyebrows. Hermione retched in disgust.

"Come here, Granger, let me give you a squeeze-" He was cut off when a giant boom of thunder shook the entranceway to the Great Hall, where they were all standing.

When the smoke that had billowed down during the thunderclap cleared, Hermione was standing there, wand pointed at the ceiling, smiling graciously. "Get out of here, Malfoy."

Without a word, Malfoy turned and stalked off, flipping Hermione off as he did, Crabbe and Goyle at his sides.

Hermione scowled, turned on her heel, and briskly walked towards the stairs, Harry and Ron following her closely.

"Where did'ja-"

"Bloody brilliant!"

"New spellbook?"

"I could have taken him."

Hermione whirled around, facing the two awestruck boys. "A Girls Guide to Spells, yes it's new, thank you for the compliment, and I know you could have but I wanted to."

Harry and Ron just nodded and followed her silently until they reached the Fat Lady, where they found a very distressed looking Neville.

"Forgot the password, have you?" Ron asked bluntly, but smiling all the same.

"It's alright Neville, I have it," Hermione said gently. "Basilisk fang," and the portrait swung open.

"Good to see you all!" called the Fat Lady as they climbed in. All of their faces brightened considerably when they saw everybody in the common room. That is, until Seamus' icy cold glares chilled the room completely.

"Is something wrong, Seamus?" Harry asked in a dangerously low voice.

"Oh no, nothing besides the fact that your dirty lies almost made me mum keep me home from Hogwarts!"

Harry bristled, and the entire common room tensed, waiting for the imminent fight. "Hogwarts would be better off without you, you stupid git."

Seamus roared, "Do you want to fight me, Potter?"

"Gladly!" Harry yelled back. Seamus started towards him, but only got a few steps before Dean reached out and stopped him.

"Not a good idea. Come on, let's go up to the dormitory."

"I'm not sharing a dormitory with him!"

"Oh yes you are," Dean growled, before he dragged Seamus away.

The common room slowly relaxed and went back to a cheerful chatter, and everyone but Ron and Hermione kept a careful distance away from Harry.

"Don't let him get to you, mate. He's a bloody idiot. So is his mum."

Harry ignored him, and just said, "I'm going to bed. See you tomorrow morning." Hermione and Ron were left alone on the couch moments later, and sat in silence before they heard a racket coming from the boys dormitory.

"Oh boy, I better go see what's going on. I'll see you in the morning, Hermione." Hermione nodded and waved, bidding Ron a good night before stretching and getting up to head to the girls dormitory.

Hermione greeted her roommates warmly before changing in to pajamas and sinking down in to a deep, dreamless sleep.