Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"You obviously don't get how this works, Granger."

Professor Babbling and Hermione hit it off splendidly, which is just why Hermione was kept after to speak with her. Ten minutes after she was supposed to be in potions, Hermione was racing down the stairs and in to the dank dungeon.

When she burst in to the potions classroom, panting heavily, Professor Snape, who was mixing a potion with his back to her, muttered, "Ten points from Gryffindor for lack of punctuality, Ms. Granger."

"B-but Professor Babbling said she informed you that-"

"I received Professor Babbling's note, Ms. Granger. However, you were still late to my class. Now, since your friends Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley seemed to have already paired up without you-" They cast Hermione sheepish glances- "and Mr. Malfoy seems to be the only one without a partner, you will be paired with him. Go and join him. Now."

Hermione bit the inside of her cheek to keep from saying anything as she strolled over to Malfoy's workstation. She sat down with a huff and began pulling out her supplies.

"Today, you will be attempting to make a Wiggenweld potion. Don't spill anything, Longbottom," Snape sneered.

Hermione smiled a little. She had read a lot about Wiggenweld potion, and it seemed fairly simple. She ignored Malfoy, who was sitting next to her doodling, and went to the closet to get the proper supplies.

She dumped the supplies on to her workstation and pointedly glared at Malfoy until he turned to look at her.

"Yes, Granger?" he drawled with a bored expression on his face.

"Are you going to do something?"

"You obviously don't get how this works, Granger. You make a perfect potion, we split the grade. Easy as that."

"No Malfoy, you obviously don't get how this works. We are going to make this potion together, because I will not do your dirty work."

Malfoy grinned. "And what if I say no?"

Hermione leaned in close and mustered up as much evil as she could. "I will make you disappear."

Malfoy glared at her but didn't say anything. She smiled happily at him. "So, we're on the same page now? Good. Start squeezing the mucus out of those slobberworms."

Sixty five minutes later, Hermione and Draco had successfully made a proper, complete Wiggenweld potion. They didn't talk to each other at all during the process, but when Professor Snape announced that theirs was the best, they each let slip a small smile to one another.

After class, as Harry, Ron, and Hermione were walking out of the classroom, Malfoy called, "Hey Granger! Be my partner again?"

Hermione turned and flashed a soft smile. "Like working with me after all, Malfoy?"

"Not you, exactly. Just the good grades. Keep up the good work Granger, and don't forget to to study!" He laughed rudely before running off to the Slytherin common room.

Hermione's smile had long since turned in to a look of utter distaste when Ron said, "Don't worry about him, Hermione. I'll be his partner tomorrow so you don't have to, if you want."

Hermione shook her head, not even wanting to think about the disasters that would take place if that happened. "It's alright Ron. I appreciate it but, you have a harder time with him then I do. And I'm going to make him regret every rude word he's ever said to me, even if it takes me all year."