Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"Only me and a couple of spiders."

This can't be happening.

Oh, it's happening alright.

No! He's evil! I cannot even remotely like him!

Well, you do. So let's figure out how to win him over!


Hermione shook her head, willing her brain to stop arguing with itself. She needed to focus on her transfiguration paper, and there was no way she would get that done if her brain didn't shut up.

After five minutes of staring at blank parchment, Hermione decided it was time to take a break.

She slipped out of the common room quietly, praying that no one would notice her absence, and began walking mindlessly, letting her legs take her wherever they wanted.

She didn't even notice where she was going until she began to shiver, realizing the temperature had dropped at least five degrees. She silently cursed herself as she saw she was in the dungeons, right outside the entrance to the Slytherin common room.

She turned around and quickly began power walking up the steps that would lead her towards the Gryffindor common room, but stopped when she heard soft footsteps behind her.

She turned around and whipped out her wand, ready to hex whoever was following her, when a familiar blonde boy stepped out from the shadows, hands up. "Feisty, aren't you?"

Without even thinking, Hermione started towards him, smiling. "I need to be on defense. You never know who could be hanging out down here..."

He laughed. "Only me and a couple of spiders. What are you doing down here, that's the real question.

She froze at his question, not knowing exactly how to answer. "I-I um-why are you hanging around down here?"

"Asked you first," he challenged, taking a step towards her.

"Well, I honestly don't know," she said, running her fingers through her tangled hair. "My legs just kind of took me down here!"

"You wanted to see me," he said accusingly, yet still grinning.

"Did not!" she almost yelled, getting red in the face.

"Alright, alright Granger, don't get all upset. I was joking."

She stood with her arms crossed for a second in an awkward silence before saying, "So..."

Malfoy smirked. "What now?"

"I guess I should head back up to my common room."

"Wait, before you go." Draco took another step towards her, and she could feel the heat radiating off his body. He cupped her chin, and ever so slowly brought her lips to his in a slow, gentle kiss.

He pulled away only seconds later before running off in the opposite direction without a word.

Hermione touched her lips softly, remembering the fast-fleeing feel of his lips on hers.

Hot tears began to pour as she ran upstairs, not stopping until she reached the safety of her bed.