Secrets, Secrets Are No Fun...

"What is it, Granger?"

The next day, Draco didn't come to potions.

He didn't come the next day either.

Apparently, he was "sick".

By the third day, Hermione was ready to scream.

That night, she slipped out of the common room at around seven, telling Harry and Ron she was going to the library. Instead of doing that, though, she headed purposefully down to the dungeons, and then paced outside the Slytherin common room.

She waited for fifteen minutes before a young first year finally came out of the common room.

"Do you need something?" he squeaked.

"I need you to go get Draco Malfoy for me. If he gives you any trouble, any excuse at all, tell him that if he doesn't come out here, Hermione Granger is going in to get him!"

About five minutes later, the first year came back out, followed by a bedraggled Draco. The first year ran off as Draco grabbed Hermione's arm and led her deeper in to the dungeons, where they were completely alone.

"What is it, Granger?" he asked, sounding bored.

"What do you mean, what is it? Are you going to pretend it never happened?" Hermione asked, coming dangerously close to tears.

"Granger, what happened was a mistake. It can't happen again." His hard voice got softer as he almost whispered, "You're a Gryffindor. A kind, caring, loving, compassionate Gryffindor. And then... there's me. I'm a cold monster, the Slytherin Prince... someone who has never done a nice thing for anyone."

Hermione shivered as a tear snaked down her cheek. "You're not a monster. And you have done one nice thing... for me."

He reached out and wiped the tear off with his thumb. "I don't know what to do."

She looked up at him, locking eyes. "Me neither. And I don't say that very often."

Draco gave a small smile. "I don't even understand my feelings right now. I'm supposed to hate you."

"I am too. But I guess the truth is, I've never really hated you. I hated you and Harry fighting. But never you."

"I never hated you either. Potter... is a different story. But you, you were always this smart, beautiful, independent girl, the only one who has ever had the nerve to punch me in the face," Draco said, chuckling as he remembered their third year.

Hermione smiled guiltily. "Sorry for that, by the way."

Draco simply nodded before reaching his head down so they were forehead to forehead. They stared at each other for a few moments before Draco leaned down, parted his lips slightly, and kissed her.

It was a passionate kiss, a kiss that relinquished all of his pent up emotions. With that kiss he was apologizing, begging, screaming, and loving all at the same time.

Hermione's head swam as her oxygen supply quickly depleted, but she still held on for dear life until Draco slowly pulled himself away from her.

"You're amazing," she whispered.

"So are you," he murmured, smiling.

"I should go soon," she sighed unhappily."

"I wish you didn't have to," he said, frowning.

"Are we accepting this now?"

"I don't think I can go a day without your lips on mine, so I suppose we are, yes."

"Good. I'll see you tomorrow in potions."

She reached up and pecked him on the lips before running off, leaving him to contemplate what the hell just happened.