Do Your Worst

Castiel.

I closed my door softly behind me, on my way to the meeting that my father had arranged. Every so often, he brought Bravo, Akier and I to a meeting to let us know exactly what is going on in our world, so were anything to happen to him, we would have some idea of what was left to us. He didn’t want us clueless and relying on rumors that we heard from others.

The hallway was empty as I walked along it, following the path I had known since I was very small, traveling the memorized steps.

I looked around, making sure that there was no one around before I pressed my hand to a painting, the wall beside it sliding open to reveal a secret passage that only we three children used. I felt a hand on my shoulder and gasped, turning wide-eyed to see Bravo standing there, laughing a little.

“You looked-“ he broke off into laughter as the door behind us shut.

I frowned at him, turning from him and walking down the dark path, our wings glowing softly and letting us see the way.

“I would prefer if you keep your childish antics to yourself.” I told the angel, unable to help my mind drifting from the conversation.

I wondered what Astria was doing now?

“You used to think it was funny.” Bravo said, looking at me sharply. “Look, I don’t like this girl you’ve been hanging around lately. I said it before, but I want you to know just how serious I am.”

“I know you are serious, and I respect that; I wish you would respect my wishes as well.” I told him sternly, wanting him to clearly understand my point of view on the matter.

“You’re not listening to me.” He said.

“I am listening. I’ve heard everything you said.” I said back to the angel who was walking just slightly behind me.

“You know what I mean.” He finished, sighing.

We walked the rest of the way in silence, not running into Akier along the corridor and causing me to believe that he must have left earlier before us.

Once we were at the room, I saw that indeed, Akier and our parents were already seated, sipping their drinks and talking politics.

I knew that the odds of me becoming king were slim to none, but that was alright with me. I had no real desire to rule; I liked my title, but for that reason alone, so that I could have the title, not the responsibility that came with it. Prince was enough for me.

Bravo was much the same as me; he could care less about ruling the angels. He would rather pester his brothers and have a good laugh than make laws for the people.

Akier, on the other hand, was born to rule. He was strong and kind, responsible and trustworthy. He would be a great king, and he would enjoy the role whereas someone such as I would be overwhelmed. I think that Bravo always admired Akier a lot as he was always with him whenever there was an opportunity.

“Good evening brothers.” Akier said, standing up and greeting us with hugs.

“Hello Akier!” Bravo chirped, jumping and hugging him, asking him how he’d been recently. He already finished schooling and was currently being groomed to become king.

“Hello.” I said and gave him a hug as well.

“How’ve you been little brother?” Akier asked, ruffling my hair a little. I smiled, knowing that this joking not-formal speaking brother could turn in a moment, into a fierce man who you would not want to mess with.

“Good…I met a girl.” I whispered, confiding in my elder brother.

“That sounds great!” He exclaimed on his way back to his seat.

My father formally greeted us all, my mother greeting no one, not even Father; from there, the meeting began.
♠ ♠ ♠
an update!
Short, but it's something. :D

com/sub?