Do Your Worst

Xantis.

As I opened my eyes, I expected to be hit with a wave of extraordinary pain. When that did not happen, I sat up. "What happened?" I thought aloud. I was in an infirmary, one that had been darkened and cleared out of all gold. Apparently, one to suit me. I tried to recall what happened to have me put here in the first place, but it all came in a blur. Until I reached up for my neck, searching for the pendant I had lost. It was then that everything finally came back. I looked at my left shoulder to see a dark reddish-brown burn mark.

"Who knew a slight bump on a golden door could cause so much damage to a demon prince." A familiar voice sounded.

"It would have been much worse if I hadn't fallen back when I did." I looked up to see Bravo sitting in front of the bed and Castiel beside him, looking as small as ever. "Have you found my pendant?"

"We did. It seems Astria stole it from you." Bravo stood from his seat and tossed my necklace from me.

"Stole it? How? I never take it off."

"Maybe when you were asleep, or when you weren't focused. Castiel can tell you more. I must go right now, though. I have to talk with my father and Akier. Astria will be punished for stealing from a royal and his plot to take a royal for his own." Bravo gave a friendly smile and left me with his youngest brother.

"Wait, did he say 'his'? Astria is female isn't she?"

"N-no... He's a shifter. His female form was just to lure me in." Castiel explained quietly.

"I knew there was always something evil about that... Thing. I warned you Castiel. You did not believe me."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Sorry? You're not sorry! You refuse to believe a word I say not only because I'm a demon, but gay as well! I'm different. You can't seem to accept that. You refuse to acknowledge me because I'm not like you or your friends. Because of that, a corrupt shifter took the only safety I have in this gold plated hell!"

I couldn't help my anger. I've tried so hard to keep any side of my true self from coming out, and now I have an angel cowering in fear. Castiel made himself smaller than he already was when I woke up. When I saw his eyes drift from my face to the floor, my emotions flared and shifted. I could once again hear his thoughts.

He's right... Xantis is right. I am the reason he's injured.

"Don't think that," I sighed. He peeked up me and looked back down just as quickly.

"What are you talking about?" He asked shyly. I stood from my bed slowly and made my way over to him. Castiel back into his seat so far I thought he would slip through the opening. His eyes refused to meet mine, though I could see his eyes were darker.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about, Castiel." His head started to rise when I said his name.

"I only think what I do because I believe it. If I had only listen to at least Bravo you might not be in this situation."

I could see him tearing up. I didn't really know what to do. I've never dealt with such a soft person like Castiel. Before I even thought about what I was doing, I reached for his hand and pulled him out of the chair. Then suddenly, he was laying across me on the bed.

At that moment there really was no other emotion than a cross between senuality and affection. It was another thing I wasn't used to and apparently neither was the angel who was now beside me. He mumbled to himself and shifted around so his back was to me. As I sat up, Castiel let out a sob.

"What in hell was that?" I thought out loud. It was apparent that Castiel had thought the same thing because he turned enough to look at me before he stood. I caught his hand before he could leave.

"Xantis, leave me alone," He sobbed.

"I'm not leaving you alone. Not until I know what the hell that feeling is."

He stared at me as if I were going to explode. His eyes were as dark as ever and I couldn't help but get the feeling that he was scared or nerveous. I tried my hardest to wiggle my way into his mind to see what was really going through his mind. The attempt failed, so I was forced to wait until he spoke.

"I-I do not know what it is Xantis. I don't know if I like it. It's all so confusing to me right now."

"It can't be that hard to decide, can it?"

"It's easier for you. You're not expected to be a certain way, Xantis."

Castiel was expected to be straight. To marry a girl and always be a prince. He's expected to follow the path set for him, even if it leads to something less than sucessful. While I, on the other hand choose my own way, no matter what is expected of me. But Castiel isn't completely going the way he's supposed to.

"Is that why you still wear girls' clothes?"

"That's beside the point."

"Right. The point is I need to know what is going on, and I need to know now."
♠ ♠ ♠
So so sorry for another long wait D:
I had no internet for awhile then my house broke T_T
I had this typed up for a while I just wasn't able to post.
But now I am :D
Anyways, this chapter is a little bit awkward so I'm hoping Sari makes it less.... Weird.
Because she just so happens to be awesome at making things less awkward.
Enjoy the update!
Comment/Sub!