Do Your Worst

Xantis.

“Demon Prince Xantis, First heir to the throne!” the announcer called. I took a few quick breaths and stepped in the extravagant ball room. It was somewhat quiet, all except for the whispers and rumors about me. Then there was a movement in the crowd that broke the partial silence. The Angel Prince was walking towards me. My word, he was gorgeous.

But he's wearing a dress?

At least he's gay, I guess.

"Hi there! So you're Prince Xantis? I'm Castiel." He's so bubbly. I nodded and let him talk. I couldn't get over the fact that he was in a dress. He's an angel prince. Weren't angels in general supposed to be straight? Well, whatever. I was still looking at him when he finally caught my attention.

"Are you really... Gay?"

"Really?" I chuckled. "Yes, I am gay. And most of those rumors your angel friends are spreading aren't true. Demons don't eat dreams and leave nightmares. That's more the Shadows. No, I'm not going to be angry all the time. I'm not going to hurt anyone. And for the ridiculous one that no one wants to say, yes I occasionally hear what you think. But that's only when my emotions run wild." Castiel's face spelled out shock. I smirked as I walked into the crowd of frightened angels.

And yet I hated myself for letting that part of me show. I can't stand it. My face immediately fell and for a second, I could hear everyone's thoughts.

... can't trust demons...

I shuttered, knowing that this is true. I can't blame anyone though. Demons are the most vile creators in existence.

I smiled among all the beautiful, pure angels and wished I was one of them. They all stared at me and talked to each other. I can already tell I'm going to be an outcast. I was stopped by a pretty girl with light brown hair and golden eyes. She smiled at me like she didn't care what I was.

"Hi, Prince Xantis! I'm Parisa. You can call me Paris, if you really want to." She gave me a grin that made me yearn to be like them. I stared before I realized she was waiting for me to talk.

"Well, hello Parisa. Doesn't your name mean fairy?" I asked. I'm really into names and their meanings. They do really tell a lot about a person.

"Fairy or angel" she mused. She's pretending to be interested in me. I can feel that she just wants to know something. "Look, if you wanna question me about demons and their habits, please do it now. I just want that rumors gone."

She laughed and smiled once more. "I don't care about that. I just wanna get to know you. You know, be friends. It'll be a good start for both of us. I'm kind of new here too."

"Oh I see," I smiled. She took me around the ballroom and told me which doors led where and what not. I found out that the biggest door in the room leads to the Prince's chambers. The King and Queen's quarters were in a different building. A waiter came up to us offering some weird angelic drink that I can't have.

"So what do you eat and drink?" she asked, earning a few stares from the blessed around us. Even Castiel was listening.

"Just normal stuff. Anything that isn't specifically for angels or any pure race." I smiled.

"And you were raised my shifters?" More eyes came in our direction.

"Yeah, after my parents died. Shifters are actually very caring. I love Kareene and Micole with everything in my so-" I stopped myself, remembering that I don't have a soul.

Everything within ten feet of Parisa and I became quiet. Once again, I could hear everyone's thoughts for a split second. I heard Castiel think something about me, but I couldn't make it out. I glanced over to see him smiling.

"That's so sweet!" Parisa said, breaking the obvious silence. She motioned for everyone to continue what they were previously doing and dragged me out of that crowd. I looked myself and saw a white lace dress slowly following behind.

Castiel is going to be an interesting angel to deal with.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeere's Xantis! :D
Sorry about how short it is.
I really wanted to get it out but I have color guard practice later so....
But yes lovely commenters! All shall be revealed soon enough!