Do Your Worst

Castiel.

I followed Xantis to wherever he was going. He stopped and I barely avoided crashing into his back.

“Why are you following me?” He asked and I shrugged.

“My parents said to keep you company.” I murmured, and he nodded, starting walking once more, but this time he walked beside me as to keep talking to me.

“How about the reason you wear a dress when you apparently don’t like ‘gays’.” He continued and my face flushed.

“There is such a thing as feminine straight men.” I said softly, my fingers self consciously tangling into one another.

“Sure, sure sweetheart.” He said, and I glared at him, surprised at the animosity coming from me. Angels were docile creatures by nature; this must be my volatile streak coming out.

“I’ll have you know there was this girl I happened to fancy. Her name is Kali and I met her just this past summer.” I said to him, and he chuckled.

“Whatever helps you sleep at night.” He murmured, leaning forward as he said those words, causing me to freeze up and my breath to catch in my throat.

“I don’t need to explain myself to you.” I said quietly. “We’d best get back to the banquet.”

The demon thought was shaking his head. “No, I’d rather like to see your bedchambers.” He murmured, gently petting my hair back.

That was enough.

Calmly, I slapped his hand away. “Please do not touch me like that again.” I said sternly, but the smirk remained on his face the whole time.

“My apologies Prince.” He mocked with a pretend bow.

I was appalled at this, but before I could speak up, he was already talking.

“But it seems that you are of a lower rank that I, you being third in line to the throne and I being first in line, so I think it would do you good to close your mouth please.” He said, and I actually had to repress my anger this time.

I flushed scarlet and turned on my heel, heading back towards the ball, the demon quickly catching up to me. I rather think he enjoyed tormenting me.

“So, where are we going now?” He asked and I kept my sights firmly placed in front of me, ignoring his presence altogether. “Aww, baby, don’t be angry, I was only speaking in jest.” He murmured, attempting to lace his arm through mine, but I pulled away at the smaller doors to the ballroom.

“First off, I’m not your baby” I hissed, “and second, we are both Princes, equals no matter the order of the line to the throne.” I spat at the demon.

“Little Castiel’s rather feisty…” He commented. “I think I like it.” He whispered into my ear, and I jumped back from him. “Why are you so bitter young angel? Is it because you are third in line to the throne, effectively meaning that you will never be king, or is it because you are so stuck up that you think that anyone who’s not an angel is complete and utter trash!?”

I was appalled at his words. No one before had ever tried to speak to me like that, and I was finding out how much I didn’t like it.

“You ungrateful brat!” I growled back, “We’re allowing you to come here after all of these years of it being a prestigious ‘angel only’ school, and you have the gall to complain about me being the stuck up one? You’re lucky we let you in here, you faggot!” I screamed and damn the ball, I wasn’t tolerating any more of this.

Picking up my skirts, I ran.

I didn’t get far though, before strong arms wrapped themselves around my waist.

“Put me down!” I screamed but the demon did no such thing. Instead, he only lifted me up onto his shoulder, carrying me further away from the ball and to who knows where. It was hard to get your whereabouts when you’re upside down.

Finally though, he stopped and I had to pant a little to catch my breath; his shoulder had been digging into my tummy and it made it hard for me to breathe but it was much better now.

“What are you….are you insane!?” I let out, unable to keep the emotion inside anymore.

Xantis smiled but shook his head. “I smelled flowers, so I came here to get some for you.” He said, and turning, I saw that we were indeed in the rose garden at the school. He picked a stem and tore from it the harmful thorns, handing it to me.

Shocked, I merely took it and stood there, not knowing what he planned to do.

The man without a soulas all demons are got down on one knee though, and surprised me with his words.

“I would like to apologize for what I have said and done, angel Prince.” He murmured. “I was being rude and cruel to you, and I had no right. You were merely being kind to me and trying to welcome me here. I guess what I’m trying to say is….would you like to be friends? Start over?” He asked, and I was still staring there, my face blank as I looked at him. “Castiel…?” He asked, and I came to, nodding.

“Of course.” I said, and he stood up, pulling me into a gentle hug. “Friends.”
♠ ♠ ♠
so, does this explain your questions?
i'm glad that we have so many commentors, so I felt the need to update to let you know exactly how much of a hipocrite he is what was going on:D

com/sub?