Do Your Worst

Xantis.

I chuckled at Castiel's discolored face and made my way to my room. I fiddled with the necklace and carefully opened the door. Within a few hours of being here, my room was strewn with my clothes and other needless belongings. It was, more or less, a mess. Not to mention I hadn't turned on a single lamp. The only source light came from the covered window during the day, and the black light I had brought with me during the night.

I slipped off my shirt and laid myself on the over sized California King bed and sighed. Why was Castiel always so on edge when I was around? No one had ever been that uneasy around me. The thought of other people's comfort level of my being a demon somehow brought my thoughts to my adoptive parents. They were the type of parents that would support their child in anything and everything. When I came out to them, Micole smiled,laughed, and said 'I figured' and Kareene grinned and hugged me, telling me she was proud of me. They were the only beings I trusted. And they were absolutely gorgeous. Shifters were known for their appealing looks.

After what seemed like hours, I decided to pick up the mess I made, knowing very well that if I didn't someone would. That's the only downside of living here. There are always servants and maid coming in and out of rooms when you don't know it. An invasion of privacy to me. A few short minutes later, there was another knock at my door. Sighing, I opened to the door to reveal Castiel. The first thing I noticed were the white shorts he had on.

"Are you wearing girls shorts?" I asked, obviously very amused.

"It's h-hot out today." his face flushed, once again. I only smirked and waited for him to tell me why he's at my door, once again. "Anyway, my friends are c-curious about you and would like you to come... h-hang out with us."

"Is it really your friends who are curious, or is it just you trying to find an excuse to be around me?"

I watched as Castiel's cheeks and nose tinted pink. He looked everywhere but me before responding. "It's my friends. I would not want to be around someone like you by choice. Especially when you try to court other men."

"And what makes you think you are so special? You are the one who wears woman's clothing. You are the one who is at my door." I growled. I felt myself becoming what I really am. I could clearly make out his thoughts and they were anything but pleasant. I slammed the door as a rejection and to keep myself from tearing him apart.

~

I was in the lounge of the Grand Hall below all the bedchambers, mindlessly listening to the classical music and reading one of the novels Micole gave me as a parting gift. It wasn't as good as any of the fantasies I enjoyed, but it got me by. I heard the huge gold door behind me open and close, then giggles. I waited for them to disappear upstairs but they didn't. In fact, they got closer and louder. I looked up from my book to see Castiel and his friends, most of which were girls. I made eye contact with everyone but him.

"Hello, Xantis." Castiel said with a bit of fear in his voice. His friends stopped their gossip to be nosy.

I grumbled a hello back without bothering to look up from my book for him. His friends giggled at my obvious annoyance. The atmosphere became frustrated and I just smiled. Castiel huffed and tried to walk away, but his friends stopped him for some odd reason. Then I heard him shrieking 'no' at his friends. I just ignored them. They finally went upstairs to Castiel's room and I took that opportunity to go out. I set my book down, knowing no one had the courage to steal from a demon and walked out of the tower.

I didn't know exactly where I wanted to go, so I just mindlessly wandered around the campus. It must have been hours, because by the time I decided to go back, it was already dark. I turned back to retrace my steps, to realize I was lost. I turned around a few times trying to figure out which way I came. Then I heard rushing water. I ran towards it and started hearing voices. Soon I came upon a beach and a group around several bon fires. I recognized a few faces and one recognized me.

"Xantis! You came!" Parisa called over the music and other conversations. I gave her a questionable look and walked towards her.

"What is all this? I did not know anything was happening tonight." I asked. Parisa just giggled and led me to the calming fire.

"Prince Castiel always throws a bon fire the night before our terms begin. It's kind of a tradition now. Did he not invite you?"

I shook my head and stared at the fire. "I think I upset him enough to where he didn't want to." She gave me a look that begged me to continue. "I mean this morning he asked me to hang out with him and his friends, but I asked if it was him that was asking or his friends. The way I said it upset him and he said some not so great thing to me. Then in the Grand Hall he tried to say hello and I ignored him."

"I do not think its because you upset him. He was asking where you were the last few hours." She smiled but I didn't believe her.

"I had been walking around the area when I got lost and came here." Parisa nodded and took a sip of whatever drink was in her hand. My mind started rolling with questions, again. Why was Castiel asking for me? Had I really upset him, or was it just a show? I was determined to find out. Luckily, my chance came when Castiel caught the attention of the group.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bunch of pictures below! :D
Here's Xantis' necklace
Kareene and Micole
Xantis' room without the busy wallpaper. And a much bigger bed
I am painfully sorry this didn't come out sooner! DX
You can blame me and color guard >.>
And I kinda lost my writing bug... T.T
But this update is longer than any of my others have ever been o_o
So you better comment!