Do Your Worst

Castiel.

I smiled as I looked around the bonfire. It was a huge hit, just like last year and the year before that.

My thoughts drifted to the demon but I shook my head, not wanting thoughts of him to disrupt my happy atmosphere.

There was supposed to be a new girl here today and I’d sent an invitation as well as a messenger to her to show her around and all as most of the day I was preparing for this party.

I looked for Bravo, who I had sent to talk to her, much to his displeasure; he had wanted to sleep all day but I implored that I needed his help, and he eventually caved.

I heard his voice, and looked, seeing him in the distance with the girl. My mouth hung open slightly at how beautiful she was. I had been expecting a plain girl, but this one was completely different.

She was a shifter, as they were all part angel and could be in the school. The girl was in her angel form, to fit in most likely and she looked around shyly as she glanced around, keeping her eyes cast downward, away from all of the curious glances.

“Hello Bravo and…” I said, walking up to the two of them and asking her name.

“I’m Astria,” She murmured, and I smiled, taking her hand and kissing it.

“It’s nice to meet you Astria.” I said, smiling at the blush that coated her cheeks.

“A-and you, P-prince Castiel.” She breathed out, and I liked that she knew who I was probably because Bravo told her while walking towards me.

“No need to be so shy, Astria, we’re all family around here.” I explained and she nodded, looking around at all the angels who were staring curiously at her.

“Everyone, I would like to introduce you to Astria!” I called out, standing up on a log and speaking so everyone could easily hear me. “She is a shifter and is new at this school, so make her feel welcomed!” I called out before standing back down, already seeing a few of the more outgoing students like Parisa walking up to her to greet her and speak to her.

She smiled kindly at me and I saw Bravo take my hand, pulling me aside.

“How are you feeling?” He asked and I frowned.

“Whatever do you mean?” I asked and it was his turn to frown.

“You don’t feel it?” He asked and I shook my head, worried a little.

“Brother, what are you talking about?” I questioned.

He shivered and looked back to where several young angels were talking to Astria. “Something’s not right about her…” He breathed out.

“Are you just saying this because I am attracted to her?” I asked softly. I knew he noticed. Bravo always just seemed to know things about me without asking.

Bravo rolled his eyes. “Castiel, there’s just something that feels…off about her.” He said and looked to where the demon Xantis was sitting. “He notices it too.” He murmured, and I looked, seeing the demon glaring at the girl as if she was some sort of horrible person.

“The both of you are just overcautious. This bonfire is meant so we can relax, not so we can freak out about something like that.” I told him sternly.

Bravo sighed, “Just watch yourself around her.” He said, looking down at me with eyes that said ‘listen to me now or I’ll have to say I told you so later.’

“You didn’t tell me to watch myself around Xantis?” I asked, wondering where this was coming from.

“Because he has no wrongful intentions; he’s a harmless flirt. This girl…she has something planned. I don’t know what, but I can feel it.” He said, trying to get me to believe him. I knew that he had really strong instincts and they were usually right but something drew me towards the beautiful Astria that made me disregard my brother’s words. “Just promise me you’ll be careful.” He murmured, pulling me in for a hug.

“I promise.” I sighed, and hugged him back, knowing that he would watch over me anyway.

Besides, what harm could one girl do?
♠ ♠ ♠
Astria - her picture has been added to the summary page as well:D

com/sub?