Do Your Worst

Xantis.

There is something very off about this new girl.

Astria.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Castiel and his brother, Bravo, look my direction. I knew Bravo felt it. Castiel just looked annoyed. glared as Parisa left my side to welcome her as Castiel returned to his new toy.

I tried my best to ignore my instincts and turn my attention to the angels around me. Slowly, I became more comfortable with my surroundings and began to talk more with the others. Not many caught my attention except a certain trio. Lailah, Seraphiel, and Raphael.

They, out of anyone else, were the most interesting that I've come across so far. I listened as they told me their own stories. Lailah was an orphan, like me, for the first 12 years of her life, until she was miraculously reunited with her biological parents. Seraphiel was a shifter who had a hard life because her parents were never around to care. And Raphael was an angel who liked all the wrong things.

As I listened to their stories, I felt a pair of eyes digging into my back. I tried my best to ignore the hated, familiar feeling. Letting it get the best of me, I turned around to meet the eyes that bore holes into me. Astria sat, still staring, while Castiel whispered in her ear. I saw her smirk and turn back to him. At that moment, my emotions flashed and I heard her. At least I think I did.

"Xantis, are you listening?" Raphael asked. I nodded and turned back to him, letting him finish his story.

I tried to make myself listen again but I felt her eyes. Again. It was just utterly annoying. Trying to calm myself down, I barely caught glimpses of Raphael's story about the "epic late night food fight" he caused. I lost all composure after he stopped talking and shot up, marched over to Astria and glared her down.

"Do you have a damn problem with staring at me?" I yelled, slowly letting my inner demon out. Her face said fear, yet her eyes showed amusement. She acted out 'fear' perfectly, though.

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I-I was just curious." She stammered perfectly. I didn't believe one second of it.

"About what? What I can do with my abilities? Or what you can do with them?" My anger was flaring and my energy was rising. I could feel myself turning. Thankfully, Parisa's voice pulled me out of my rage.

"Xantis' what the problem?" I blinked a few times and forced myself to calm down. I looked at Castiel and Parisa. She looked confused and worried. He was just flat out scared. Shaking my head, I looked back and growled a warning. I said goodbye to my new friends and decided to go back to my room on campus.

Walking, I tried clearing my mind like Micole taught me whenever I got angry. Tonight, the air smelled crisp and fresh, with a hint of darkness. I wasn't able to tell where the darkness came from. At this point, I could care less. I let myself get lost in the stares, without getting lost on campus. Out of nowhere, I pulled into a grove of small trees, making my defenses pop back up. I turned, and to my surprise, faced Bravo. He must have seen my confusion because he jumped right into it.

"You sense it too? The weird feeling that new girl gives off?" I nodded and stared at him a little while longer.

"There is something very wrong about her. When I lashed out earlier, she did not look scared. Her eyes didn't."

"I saw that. I fear something is going to happen soon. Castiel is too interested in her to see what a majority of what the others see." He stopped to listen for what I would think are footsteps. It turned out to be a wild animal.

For the rest of my now short walk back, I contemplated with Bravo about what exactly might happen, but we didn't know enough about her to assume anything. We decided to let it go for the time being and figure things out later. Meaning, Bravo and I will be talking a lot. We both know Castiel won't like it, but as I said before, I could care less.

Finally making it back to my room, I laid on my bed and stared at the ceiling. For some odd reason, I couldn't get Castiel's terrified face off my mind. I don't know how this suddenly came to mind, and now it won't leave. I couldn't help but feel bad. I didn't want to scare anyone, except Astria. Maybe hanging around angels isn't a bad thing. It just might help me. Everyone knows shifters didn't do a thing to my demon attitude.

The rest of the night, I lay awake. My mind not shutting down long enough for me to sleep or even take a short nap. I constantly check the time, since it was so slow, and groan. Tomorrow is the first day of the term. I still didn't have my class schedule nor did I know where they'd be. Castiel had said the majority of my classes would be in one building, but I could not, for the life of me, remember where that was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this didn't come out sooner! I lost the first 300 words then my oh so lovely mother decided not to pay the phone bill and basically make sure my laptop cant connect to the internet.
But here it is!
And yes I know its alot of rambling and short and junk but I still haven't found my writting bug >.<
And since i'm a visual person here's Parisa (imagine her without the peircings.) Lailah, Sera and Raphael
And if you love me you'll read this and make me happy :3
Yes I am shameless-ly self promoting xD
AND COMMENT!!!!!!!!