Status: Comments make me update more!!!

Drink

Muddy Buddies & Kisses

On the drive back to Amy’s house her phone went off. She looked down and realized she didn’t know the number. Opening her phone up and placing it to her ear she waited for whoever it was to talk first.

“Hello?” A hesitant voice asked.

“Yes, who is this?” She answered, ignoring the questioning look that Zacky gave her.

“Hey it’s Brian.” Amy could hear how cocky was.

Amy smirked, “And what can I do for you?”

“Well I’m sure I could think of some things, just depends on how flexible you are.”

She rolled her eyes, “Very.”

“Great then I’ll see you for dinner and a quickie.” She could almost hear the smirk in Brian’s voice.

Amy laughed, “Sure, why not? I’m supposed to help the less fortunate.”

Zacky mouthed, “Who is it?”

She mouthed back, “Brian.”

He made an ‘O’ shape with his mouth and continued to drive. Amy rolled her eyes and pointed for him to stop at a gas station. He pulled into the gas station and watched as Amy got out still on the phone and walked into the building. Zacky turned off the engine and watched her through the window. He thought she looked beautiful; she always did to him even when she wasn’t wearing any make up and had her hair up in a messy bun.

“Damn.” He sighed and started to wonder why exactly she was talking to Brian.

Amy arranged to go out with Brian later that night then got off the phone. She pocketed it then bought a bag of Chex Mix muddy buddies, her favorite snack food. Once she climbed back into the car, Zacky was already flipping through the CDs looking for his favorite Misfits album. When he found it he popped it into the stereo, Amy grinned and held the back out to him after pouring some of the treats into her mouth.

“Want some?” She asked with a mouthful.

Zacky shook his head no but took some once Amy gave him her famous puppy dog look.

She giggled and kissed his cheek, “Aw Zacky you’re so cute!”

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” He tried to keep from blushing.

The drive passed quickly with both talking, singing along to the CD, and laughing. Once Zacky helped Amy carry the bags inside and wanted to stick around but he got a message from his mom asking him to come home. As Zacky hugged Amy goodbye and got into his shitty car. She smiled wide and waved goodbye. He started driving away then stopped fast, put the car in park and got out. He had to tell her before she let Brian get to her.

“What’s wrong Baker?” She asked with a smile.

Zacky ran until he was standing directly in front of her, “I have to tell you something.”

“What?” She asked confused.

Zacky took a deep breath and just before he could speak, Amy’s phone rang. She reached to recover it from her pocket but Zacky grabbed it first, shutting it off.

“Listen. I like you. I don’t ask you to reciprocate the feeling, okay? All I ask you is to respect what I feel ‘cause falling for you was never something I planned on doing.”

Amy stared at Zacky with wide eyes, “Zack….I’m not sure what to say.”

“You don’t have to say anything, just give me a chance. One chance.”

She stuttered for a second trying to wrap her mind around all of this, “What?”

“You make my heart race and my skin tingle. You scare me, and you give me faith and hope. You make me realize my own faults and make me want to be a better person.”

Amy stared at him for a minute then nodded, “Okay Zack. I’ll give you a chance.”

“Really?” He breathed a sigh of relief and grinned.

She smiled softly and nodded, before she could even speak his lips were pressed against hers and she couldn’t deny the spark that shot through her system. Automatically her arms wrapped around the back of his neck and he put his on the small of her back.

“Wow.” She breathed once they pulled apart.

He smirked, “I’ll call you later okay?”

Amy smiled and nodded, “Okay.”

Zacky headed back to his car after kissing her one last time. He’d done it, all he had to do now was prove that he was worthy of her. No matter what the costs, Amy would be his girl.