‹ Prequel: LEPRECHAUN
Status: OHMYGOSH the sequel is finally here! Please, please, PLEASE comment on To Break Her Heart as well! Updates as regular as I can make them!

Picking Up the Pieces

Why the hell is everyone getting married?

I waited until they all had their burgers and fries and sodas before speaking up. “I’m sorry, you guys,” I started, hanging my head.

“What happened, Danny?” Randy pressed, nudging me from across the table.

“Um...I am actually not sure how to tell you this,” I explained, staring at my fries.

“We won’t judge you,” Hayden said gently. “You can tell us.”

“Yeah, I know! It’s just hard to explain...”

“Just spit it out, sweetheart!” Carter exclaimed.

I scowled at the four faces across from me, their expressions curious and expectant. “I’m in an arranged marriage with Lucas,” I said in a rush.

Randy gasped. “Oh, honey, and it was right after you moved on!”

I gritted my teeth. “Moved on. Yeah...that’s what I did. I moved on.” I thought back to my senior year of high school and how hard it was for me to move on. I did get a bit of help along the way, though. And not from Randy.

Kyle smiled reassuringly. “I’m sure it’ll be okay.”

“OKAY?” Carter screeched. I jumped. For such a small person, she’s really feisty. “She has to get married to that jerk! Haven’t you seen the way he acts in uni?”

Hayden grimaced. “Yeah, I know. It’s sort of nasty.”

I rolled my eyes. “He’s a player again, right?”

“And has been for the past four years,” Randy confirmed. I clenched my fists. So the jackass really didn’t change. And to think he was actually caring for a couple of hours.

“Whatever,” I said, waving it off. “Now that you’ve been caught up with me...what’s going on with you guys?”

In unison, Kyle and Hayden glanced at their respective girlfriends and grinned widely. My eyes widened. What the hell? My best friends all have this weird sort of telepathy now?

“We were going to wait to tell you...” Kyle started.

“But since you’re here now...” Randy continued.

“We decided to tell you...” Carter said.

“Right now...” Hayden finished.

My eyes widened until they almost popped out. How did they do that? “Wow. That’s amazing,” I said. “Did you just decide that between yourselves in that one look?”

They all nodded simultaneously. “Yup,” they said together.

I massaged my temples. “Don’t do that. I’m getting a migraine.” They all laughed together and I sighed. “What the hell’s your news, you losers?”

“Snappy,” Hayden muttered.

“We’re having a double wedding!” Carter and Randy exclaimed together, grinning like mad.

I felt a smile breaking my face in half. “That’s awesome!” If I can’t marry the man of my choice, at least my friends could. “Wait...” I paused. “Randy, I thought you were getting married next year?”

She blushed and rubbed her stomach nervously. “I was going to...but...”

“She’s pregnant!” Kyle said, a beam stretching across his face.

My mouth dropped open. “Pregnant?” I repeated. “Wow...” I was almost jealous of her. She was going to marry and have kids with the guy of her dreams...while I was going to...marry a guy I really didn’t want to remember.

“I know! I’m so excited!”

“When were you planning on telling me?” I asked.

“When were you planning on telling you were coming here?” she fired back, going red, but out of anger.

I put my hands up in defense. “Okay, okay!”

“Wifey!” I heard someone yell loudly. I froze. Is that...

Heads turned towards the direction of the voice. I grabbed the edge of the table to stop from pummeling my fries.

“WIFEY, WHERE ARE YOU? Oh...” Lucas walked up to me with a grin and planted a kiss on my cheek. My face hardened and I wiped it off. Childish, I know. But this is Lucas we’re talking about!

Hayden, Kyle, Carter, and Randy watched me carefully, leaning forward to stop my from lunging on Lucas. I didn’t blame them.

“Why aren’t you with your girlfriend?” I spat.

“Ooooooh, jealous, honey? I just came here to tell you that I’m leaving with her, so you can’t come home with me.”

I ground my teeth together and looked away. “Fine. Leave now.”

“Alright. Bye, love!” He turned away with a cheesy smirk and walked off. People were staring at him in amusement. I, however, was not laughing.

“You okay, Danny?” Randy asked cautiously.

I blew out a puff of air. “I’m fine.” My phone rang at that moment, so I picked it up without looking at caller I.D. “Hello?” I said.

“Hey Danny!” a familiar male voice exclaimed in happiness. “I was just cal--”

“Hello?” I interrupted him, not being able to resist.

“Hello?” he repeated, confused. “Dan--”

“Haha, I’m sorry, I couldn’t resist,” I said in a slightly robotic voice. “This just my voicemail. Leave me a message after the beep, but if it’s you, Jayden, don’t even bother. Peace out!” I stopped, trying to stifle my laughter.

“Damn!” he exclaimed. “Why isn’t she picking up?”

“I’m just kidding!” I exclaimed. “Jayden, I’m here.”

“Oh. OH! Nice one, Danny. That was pretty awesome.”

“Yeah, I know. I’m just that amazing.”

“Don’t do that again!”

“Why not?”

“Because I won’t fall for it.”

“You’ve already fallen for it five times.”

“So?”

I rolled my eyes. “What were you calling for? I don’t believe you’ll just call to bother me. That’s Quinn’s job.”

“That is very true. Alright, the news is...prepare for it...I’M GETTING MARRIED!”

I cussed in my head. Why the hell was everyone getting married?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I SAID I WOULD POST SUNDAY, BUT I LIED. School was so hectic, I got no time on the computer until right this moment. And that's only because my friend was being pushy and wanting me to do it. Her threats were very convincing.

Anyway, I know it's short, I'm so sorry!!!

Those of you who want to know who Jayden is, you better start reading LEPRECHAUN. I know that by doing Picking Up the Pieces first, I reveal a lot more things that I should have about LEPRECHAUN before you read it, but I didn't have the idea to make it a prequel until now.

SO READ LEPRECHAUN IF YOU WANT THINGS TO MAKE SENSE. It's about Jordan's senior year in high school, but it's also about another girl. It's in Jordan's POV and MacKenna's POV (the girl). You might like it, you might not, but if you want some things to make sense, you should read it.

Opinions!!! Do you want me to put this story on hiatus so I can finish LEPRECHAUN so that I don't reveal too much? Or do you want me to do them both at the same time?

And thanks to Fly Away, for giving me the idea to do the "Wifey!" scene. Granted, it's not as funny as I wanted it to be...so I'm sorry. This whole story isn't as funny as I wanted it to be, so that's a bit of a disappointment.

Anyway, thanks for all your support! It means the world to me! I love you guys so much :)

(I realized in I Hate His Guts that I would do chocolate covered things, not cake, so I'm sorry for the mistake!!! ;D)

But CAKE is going to stay here :)

CAKE!!!! My teacher said she hated pie. OMFG, I started laughing and asked her how the hell you can not like pie. at least she's kind of laid back...otherwise i would be in trouble.

(i'm starting to run out of pictures, but don't worry, i can do this :D)
Image

omfg it's brownie cupcakes. I LOVE BROWNIES. they look so good ...daaaaayyyyuuummnn

check out these websites!!!:

http://iwastesomuchtime.com/ and http://dearblankpleaseblank.com/