‹ Prequel: LEPRECHAUN
Status: OHMYGOSH the sequel is finally here! Please, please, PLEASE comment on To Break Her Heart as well! Updates as regular as I can make them!

Picking Up the Pieces

What am I supposed to say?

I was about to kiss the damn boy for how sweet he was. He got me a kitten! He got me a kitten...why would he do something like that? And then he laughed! I felt so bad after he presented me with that adorable kitty, and then he laughed!

I let out a reluctant chuckle at the ridiculous pink and white earrings dangling from Lucas’s earlobes. It was adorable.

But I still wanted to punch him. It seemed that he caught my look, because he burst out laughing again.

“Ah, you,” I sighed. I got to my knees and crawled over to his convulsing form, poking his chest as tears pushed their way out of his eyes. “If you don’t stop laughing, I’ll give you a real reason to cry,” I threatened.

“I’m sorry!” he gasped.

I narrowed my eyes. “You know, a lot more people would like you if you were nice...but seeing how THAT turned out...” Even that didn’t get him to shut up. “Shut up!” I whined, jumped on his stomach. He was giving me a migraine. “Fine, be that way,” I huffed, straddling him. If he can’t stop laughing, I guess I’ll just have to help him a little.

I attacked him mercilessly, tickling him in almost every spot I could reach. His laughter became higher and higher until he was giggling like a little girl.

“How do you like that?” I shrieked, grabbing his collar. “You going to shut up now?”

His laughter died down and he stared at me, the shadow of a smile tugging at his lips. “I like this position,” he said, sighing leisurely, putting his hands behind his back.

I rolled my eyes and jumped off. “Perv,” I teased. I forgot how fun it was to play around with him, and not to constantly angry. And to think he was pissing me off only an hour ago...so was this a ploy yet again? He was a perv, then sweet, then a jerk, and sweet again. He was seriously bipolar.

“You know it,” he said, winking.

I scowled at him and sat back down on the floor.

“Oh yeah, you know how Matt is already here?” Lucas asked. I nodded. “Devon and Stewart, Bianca and Brad, and Tom and Katrina are coming tomorrow.”

“What about Molly and Mark?” Their names fit so well together, it was disgusting.

“Eh...I think next week.” I bit my lip, wondering whether or not I should ask the next question. “And our wedding is in three months,” he added as he took in my conflicted face.

I sighed and knelt next to his face. “Are you sure you’re okay with this?”

He looked at me, seriousness etched in every plane of his face. “I couldn’t be more okay. It was a little earlier than I had planned...but okay.”

I raised my eyebrows. “You were planning on marrying me anyway?”

“Yes.”

“But...”

“You know, I would’ve tried to fix things,” he interrupted me. “I’m not some heartless biznitch.”

I laughed softly. “Biznitch? That’s new.”

“Can I just ask you one thing?”

“What?”

“Call me Luke. Please.”

I scanned his face. His eyes were open and honest, and he seemed to sincerely want to fix things. But how many times has he fooled me? How many times have I forgiven him? “Are you forgetting I’ve already called you Luke two times?” I said instead, keeping a straight face.

He stared at me for five whole seconds before his face split into a grin. “No, hun. I certainly did not forget.”

I poked his chest again. “You better not.”

Luke chuckled. “I won’t. Oh hey, I forgot to tell you, Matt has a girlfriend. Serena. She’s coming tomorrow as well.”

“Wait, Bianca, Tom, and Devon all have kids, right?” I asked, straining to remember.

“Yeah. Bianca and Brad have two -- Tim and Tina. Tom and Katrina have Mason. And Devon and Stewart have one as well, Matthew.”

I rubbed my temples. “Don’t be offended, but I’ll never remember all of your family’s names.”

He laughed. “It’s okay. I can barely remember your name as it is.” I rolled my eyes and stood up. Matt popped his head through the door.

“Dinner’s ready, you guys,” he announced. “And please...fight gently. I can hear you all the way downstairs.”

I shrugged and pointed at Luke. “It’s not my fault he’s a sissy!” I whined.

Luke jumped to his feet and tackled me. “Take that back!” he growled playfully, his fingers poised near my stomach.

I crossed my arms. “No.”

“Do you want to get some of this?”

“I’m not ticklish.”

His eyes widened. “How is that possible?!” He brushed his fingers across my stomach experimentally.

I smirked. “Nothing.” He tickled me harder. My smirk grew wider. “You fail.”

“FAT PENGUIN!” he suddenly screeched.

I would’ve jumped out of my skin if he didn’t have me pinned to the floor. “What the hell?!”

He grinned. “I just wanted to say something to break the ice.”

I kept a neutral face for about two seconds before bursting into laughter.

“HAHA! I got you!” he screamed victoriously.

“Damn, you’re loud!” I yelled back at him, still snickering.

I heard someone clear their throat. We both whipped our heads around to see Matt. “I said it was dinner time,” he repeated in a amused voice. “Are you coming or not?”

“Yeah, okay,” I said, pushing Luke off me. “You’re so fat,” I told him scornfully as I stood up and stretched. Luke grinned.

“If your left leg was Thanksgiving and your right leg was Christmas, I would love to visit you between the holidays,” he said, staring at me happily.

I snorted in laughter. “I’m going to ignore the fact that that was perverted because it actually made me laugh,” I told him.

Luke smirked. “Yeah, I know. I pride myself on those. You wanna hear another one?”

“Depends.”

“If I was a squirrel, I’d store my nuts in your hole.”

I gasped and smacked his shoulder, struggling to keep a straight face. It was hard. I had to bite my lip until it was practically cut in half.

“Pretty good, eh?” He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. “Let’s just go eat dinner.”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“What?”

“You haven’t given that damned cat a name yet!”

I gasped again. “She’s not a damn cat!”

“Then I take it you like her?”

I beamed. “I LOVE her!” I squealed, picking up the kitten and jumping up and down. Luke smiled.

“Then name her!”

I squinted. “Hm...what suits you, little kitty?” I asked it, staring into its blue eyes. It yawned, showing its cute little teeth and bright pink tongue. “How about...Blake?”

“That’s a guy name!”

“Nu-uh!” I protested. “It’s unisexual!”

“That’s not a word!”

“I don’t give a crap!”

“Fine!” he sighed, giving up on me. I smiled triumphantly. “Well? Don’t you want to get dinner?”

“Aren’t you forgetting something?” I mocked.

“No...”

“You’re still wearing those earrings.”

He grinned. “So?”

I raised an eyebrow. “You’re going to destroy your man pride for a pair of plastic earrings?”

“Now that you put it that way...” He smirked up at me. “I’ll just save them for bed time.”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, okay.”

I jumped down to the floor and waited for Luke to come up beside me. “Oh, I just have to warn you about Serena...” he said.

“What?”

“She’s a biznitch with a capital Bitch.” I laughed.

“I’ll take that into consideration.”

“Good.”

We walked downstairs together and Samantha (A/N: That’s Luke’s mom. Sorry, I got Luke’s mom and Sean’s mom mixed up. She’s actually not Julia.) beamed to see us together. I had to stop myself from cringing at her look. It was a full-blown blast of pure joy. I almost threw up.

“Dinner’s ready!” she exclaimed happily.

“Yeah, we know,” Luke muttered obnoxiously. I punched his shoulder warningly.

“You brat,” I teased under my breath.

“You loser.”

“You jerk.”

“You bitch.”

“You douche.”

“You slut.”

“You moron.”

“You hoe.”

“You man-whore.”

“You skank.”

“You punk.”

“Alright, that’s enough!” Samantha interrupted with a smile on her face.

“Damn,” Matt swore. “Not even married yet and bickering like an old couple.” Luke and I glared at him as we took our seats and served ourselves up.

“So,” Samantha said, smiling wider. It was beginning to scare the shit out of me. “Jordan, I was thinking we should start shopping soon. We’ll start as soon as Molly gets here.”

I forced a smile onto my face. “Awesome,” I said.

“Oh, and we’re going to start to preparations and reservations as well. You know we need to begin early for this kind of stuff.”

I nodded. “Totally.”

“I’m so excited, Jordan! I know you’ll be happy eventually. Please try, okay?” she pleaded softly.

I nodded. “Sure,” I agreed, a little kinder at the begging look on her face. It should be illegal for middle-aged woman to be able to pull that look off. Not fair.

We finished dinner and I stood up to go and feed Blake. Luke followed behind me.

“I was thinking we should go on a date soon,” he started to say, helping me through to the little attic room.

I eyed him. “Why?”

“Because we’re going to get married soon.”

“A lot of things can happen in three months,” I said lightly, turning away from him.

Luke grabbed my arm and spun me around. His was was a picture of seriousness, and a touch of anger. I was confused. “We’re getting married whether you like it or not,” he said calmly.

I narrowed my eyes. “You don’t know that for sure.”

“Yes I do!” he insisted.

“Okay,” I said, dropping the subject. I didn’t really want to think that far ahead.

“Anyway,” he continued. “Would you like to go on a date?”

“Luke!” I protested. “We’re barely friends! In fact, I don’t even know what the hell we are. So how can you take me on a date?”

“I know what we are,” he said softly.

“What?” I challenged. Not knowing was killing me. What on earth where we really?

“You’re my fiancee. And I’m your fiance.”

I snorted. “We’re not even that. Not only have you not proposed, I don’t have a ring either.”

He grinned. “Don’t worry, I’ll find the right time to do that. But in the meantime...” He took my hand and stared straight into my eyes. I felt my knees go weak. I was drowning in the green. “Do you want to be my girlfriend?” he asked.

Oh god. What am I supposed to say?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know my updates are kind of all over the place, and I'm sorry. It will take a while for me to get into a flow, because school's started. >.<

CLIFFHANGER!! Yes, I am not sure whether or not for Jordan to say yes. Because, really, Luke was being a jerk, and then he wasn't, and then he was, and now he isn't again! What's his deal?? LOL, I should know, but I don't. My characters have a mind of their own.

ANyways, what do YOU think Jordan should say?? what should she do?? should she say yes...or strike him down for being a dumbass?

Please comment and subscribe :), I love you guys :D

CAKE! Of course...who would forget?

Image

Damn, I have this extreme need for cake!!!