Intertwined

01;

==Sky==

September 25, 2008

Leaves blew around my feet as I rushed down the sidewalk. It was late, after midnight, and I was stupid to be walking home alone. For as long as I could remember, I had been terrified of the darkness, and what I imagined lurked within its depths. And as I hurried home, the wind at my back, I could help but feel that I was being watched.

There was a snap behind me, and I turned around. But there was nothing there. I ultimately blamed it on my over-active imagination, and continued in the direction of my apartment. Still, the feeling that I was being followed lingered. I quickened my pace. Once I was home, safe in my fiancé Jacoby's arms, this feeling would alleviate.

Another sodden crack exploded behind me, but before I had the opportunity to turn around, a large hand covered my mouth. I instinctually screamed, but instead of traveling outward, the sound bounced back. I literally swallowed my own fear. I squirmed against my attacker, and another strong arm twisted around my waist.

"My dear Sky, if you would quit struggling, this would all be over sooner," the man gritted in my ear. His voice was low and gravely, but not naturally. He was trying hard to disguise his true voice.

There was a minor struggle as the man began to drag me in the opposite direction I'd been headed. Away from my home; away from safety. But being that I was so small in stature, my fight was in vain. The man easily overpowered me, and from there it was over. My throat was mercilessly slit, and my soul departed this life. But I was not allowed access inside the Pearly Gates. My murder tied me to this earth, and until vengeance was brought upon the man who stole my life from me, my spirit would leave footsteps here. 

I would search far and wide to find the person who would help me bring justice to my soul, and found the answer in someone I did not know existed. I had a sister, a twin to be exact. We were born of the same womb, but separated at birth. I knew that it was to be my sister who would help send my spirit to its final resting place, and I would do all in my power to convince her to aide me along in this harrowing journey.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this is short, but this is the first original fiction I've ever written XD
Feedback?

Jacoby