Sequel: You and I

In Another Life

Prelude

He’s not a prince when he’s with me.

He’s the boy who shows up announced, and then wonders why I get cross with him when I open the door in a facemask and sweats. But then he brings me sweets the next time he pops around.

He’s the boy who stammers through words of affection, who doesn’t always know what to say, who flushes whenever feelings or emotions are discussed. But his kisses and his touch say more than his words ever could.

He’s the boy who is beyond hopeless in the kitchen, who likes to wander around in his bare feet because he finds shoes and socks too constricting, who stays up into the late hours of the night just to watch some American football program on the television.

He adds his own programs to my Sky+ and then forgets to tell me. But he will always remember to write cute notes on my homework for me to discover later.

He hogs the blankets in the bed and his feet are always freezing. But he doesn’t seem to care when I burrow my frigid body into his side.

But he’s mine. Completely and utterly mine and I wouldn’t trade him for the entire world.

Even now, as he’s sleeping beside me, I’m not so sure that he really is a prince. Which is ridiculous, because I’ve seen him at royal functions on the television and I’ve watched the interviews. I’ve known who this boy is ever since I can remember.

But I see the one person smiling for the camera, waving demurely for the crowds, visiting hospital patients and just generally being a model member of the Royal Family. And then I see the man who dances when he thinks I’m not looking, who whispers naughty jokes in my ear to make me laugh, who plays practical jokes just to see my reactions.

And I’m not so sure that they’re the same person.

I should know better. He’s the third in the line of succession to the thrones of the Commonwealth Realms, and to the governorship of the Church of England. He’s the son of Charles, Prince of Wales, and the late, great Lady Diana. He’s the brother of a future king and he’s the grandson of the reigning queen, Elizabeth II.

But he’s also my boyfriend of five months.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for their sweet messages/comments for the last posting. It truly means so much, and I'm so blessed to have the best readers in the entire world.

xo.

PS: Fun Fact: The first eight words of this chapter are what inspired this entire story.