Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

That's Right, Hurt Me.

"You don't go hurting her like that, you ass!" Jawn yelled at Kennedy who then fell to the floor because of his punch.

"Of course you're defending her." Kennedy wiped blood off the corner of his mouth as he got back up.

"I thought you were better than hurting her like that, Kenny!" Jawn grabbed the collar of his shirt.

"And I thought you were better than sleeping with the only girl I've ever really loved! It's like Charlotte all fucking over again, John O'Callabastard!"

"I was drunk--"

"You would fucking know better!" Kennedy punched him back.

Soon enough, they were both throwing punches at each other.

The bleeding of my wound was getting worse with every passing second.

"Just stop it!" Jawn threw Kennedy against the wall. He picked up the knife. "You're a bastard, Kenny!"

"I didn't sleep with my best friend's ex." Kennedy simply said.

"That's it! Ex!" Jawn threw the knife next to Kennedy's feet. "Ex."

"Oooh, that's right, Jawn, rub it in my face. Rub it good." Kennedy rolled his eyes.

"Kenny, I just can't believe you hurt her like that." Jawn sighed, clearly unproud of what his best friend just did to me.

"I can't believe you slept with her!" Kennedy snapped.

"Kennedy--"

"Just fuck off." Kennedy scowled at Jawn. "Just fuck off! She deserved it! She's a fucking whore!"

"She's not a fucking whore! Do you not fucking understand that it was me who slept with her? She didn't sleep with me, we didn't sleep together, I fucking slept with her! There are fucking differences, Kennedy! And you should know that she just cared for you, which resulted to me and her dating! We watned to keep Charlotte away from you, and this is how you fucking treat her?! Hurt me all you want, Kennedy, but don't you ever dare hurt her like that! Get your shit fucking together, will you, Kennedy?! Will you fucking do that?! You are an ungrateful piece of shit--"

"Why do you think you know better?! Huh?! Are you the guy she dated back in highschool?! No! Are you the guy she cried to when she and her best friend fought?! No! Are you the guy whose best friend she slept with in his bed?! No, Jawn! You aren't! You don't fucking understand how much it hurts, and she fucking deserves to feel even a fraction of that pain!"

"Fuck you!"

"Well fuck you too!"

"I'm taking Jess away from this shit. She doesn't deserve any of this." Jawn took a clean towel from the towel rack and wet it, then dabbed it gently onto my cut. "Think about what you've fucking done, Kennedy."

"Oh yeah, because you really know better!" Kennedy yelled. "Take her away, I don't give a fuck! Get the fuck out of my house! You can go to my room and take the sheets you fucking messed up with you too, Jawn! Go!"

"Doll, come on." Jawn looked at me.

I refused to go with him. There was the fact that I was still mad at him for talking shit when he woke up, then there was the fact that I didn't want to leave things that messed up with Kennedy when things with Stephen were barely fixed on their own.

"Doll, we need to get you out of here." Jawn started helping me out.

"No!" I yelled.

"Doll,"

"Get the knife away from Kennedy. Please? He might hurt himself." I sobbed as he succeeded in getting me to the living room.

Jawn gave in and went to the kitchen. Then he walked out with the entire knife block. "Amazing, you still care about him."

I looked at the towel that was getting soaked.

He also looked at it. "We need to get that washed." He held my hand and started dragging me to the bathroom.

"Let go of me!" I yelled. I was breaking down.

"Doll, please." He put my forearm under the sink and let warm water run out the faucet.

"It hurts! Let me go!" I yelled again.

"Fine!" Jawn grunted as he turned the faucet close.

"Jawn, stop! Stop! Let go of me!"

"Get in the fucking car, doll!" He solidly commanded.

"No, let go of me!" I loosened his grip.

He opened the car door and forced me onto the passenger seat, not forgetting to put my seatbelt on for me.

"Fuck everything!" I screamed. "Stephen just broke up with me! Kennedy just fucking cut me!"

"Calm down--"

"I can't! Jawn, I fucking can't!"

"Doll,"

"Let me go!" I screamed in his ear. "Let me the fuck go!"

The car ride was insane, I kept yelling at him to get me out of that car.

"Please," He took my hand and pulled me out his car.

I dropped to the floor, crying harder.

He put his arms under my shoulders and knees and picked me up. He walked to the door and kicked it, waiting for someone to answer.

"Put me down!" I cried. "Let me go!"

"I am never letting you go, doll!" He exclaimed patiently. Patient of me. He was growing impatient, however, at waiting at the door. He kicked it again. "Can someone open the Goddamn door?! Ross?! Are you there?! Ross!"

Soon, the door was opened by a sleepy shirtless figure. "Well, good morning to you too, the fifth."

"Fuck off, Ross." Jawn pushed him out of the way and carried me into their living room.

"Not even gonna introduce me to the lady," Ross joked as he closed the door. "So, the fifth, any reason you brought a crying girl home with you?"

"Shut up, Ross, is mom home?"

"Nope." Ross answered.

"Dad?"

"Nope."

"Good." Jawn started his way up the stairs.

"Shane's at school," Ross called after him.

"I didn't ask." Jawn muttered.

We finally got to his room. He kicked the door open while I struggled to get off of him.

"Let me go!" I yelled. "Jawn, no! Let--"

"Doll!" Jawn threw me onto his bed. He sat in front of me. "Fine, doll! Fine! Hurt me!"

I gladly took his offer and started scratching his face with my hands, and punching him, and slapping him.

"That's right, doll, give me what I fucking deserve. Hurt me harder."

I punched him, I became a million times more violent than I was at his words.

"That's right! Go wreck my room! Let that fucking anger out." He went across his room and grabbed a random CD off the floor. He put it in my hand. "Throw it at me, come on!"

I threw it at him like he told me to do so.

"You can hit me harder, come on!" He picked it up and handed it to me.

"Fuck you. Fuck you. Fuck you." I cried.

He took a basketball and threw it at me. "There, doll, hit me with your best fucking shot."

I threw the ball back at him.

"That's right." Jawn shook his head. "That's right, hurt me."
♠ ♠ ♠
are you still alive