Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

Bad Boy!

"Alright." Jawn spoke into the microphone, shooting his eyebrows upward. "So let's give a hand to our guitarist Jared over here," He pointed to Jared. "Who managed to somehow pull his guitar off the amp. He rocks too hard."

And there were howls from the crowd.

"So anyway, while our guitar tech fixes that, let me tell you all a little story." Jawn laughed. He scratched his bare chest and smirked. "So a couple of months ago, before this tour started, we were hanging out at this meet and greet back in San Diego."

I looked at a bunch of girls who said they were there then set my eyes back to Jawn.

"Anyway. This chick walked up to Pat. Her name was Allison, I think.. Yeah, it was Allison. She asked Pat if he had a girlfriend." He turned back to look at Pat. "Of course, he decided to tell the truth and said he didn't."

I looked around the crowd from the railings above. We were at this strong metal box with holes to the right of the stage. Until I heard Jawn talk again.

"Well, Allison asked Pat why."

Pat laughed and pounded on the drums a little bit.

"So since he told the truth on the first question, he decided to lie on this one."

"Pat's a bad boy!" Garrett joked.

Whether Garrett meant to have started a chant or not didn't matter because the crowd was very much involved.

"Bad boy! Bad boy! Bad boy!"

When the chant finally got drowned out, Jawn started again.

"So anyway instead of saying the truth that he's really shy around girls," Jawn laughed again. "He said he and Garrett had a thing, and that's why being around girls made him uncomfortable."

And then the crowd laughed with him.

I shifted my eyes to Jared and the guitar tech trying to fix the problem.

Jawn was too busy talking to a girl in the audience by the stage off-mic. Then he nodded. "Alright, alright. What's your name?"

The girl talked to him off-mic and then watched Jawn get back in his place.

"Okay." Jawn walked over to Pat. "So, Nicole asks what it's like to be in love with your best friend." He waited for his answer with the mic pointed at Pat'smouth like an interviewer to a celebrity.

Pat smiled. "It's great! You never get judged because he knows everything!"

"Alright!" Jawn tumbled over to Garrett. "And how are things between you and Pat?" He mimicked his actions with the mic and pointed it to Garrett even though he had his own mic.

Garrett pretended to be shy while adjusting the strap of his bass guitar. "I guess you can say things are getting pretty serious."

And the girls screamed in awe at how good Pat and Garrett were at pretending.

"Love you, baby!" Pat yelled from his drum set to Garrett who was on the other side of the stage.

"Love you too, baby!" Garrett let a chuckle out.

"But speaking of falling in love with your best friend," Jawn stopped the buzzing in the crowd. "There is someone in this room who knows exactly how that feels."

My attention was fully captured and I knew exactly who Jawn was talking about.

I looked over to my left where Stephen was standing with his head supported by his hands and elbows. And his head snatched off. He was looking at me and I caught him.

All the sadness returned into my system as I decided to listen to what else Jawn had to say.

"So.. Jared, are you okay now?"

Jared did a thumbs up. "Let's do this." Jared beamed as he did some chords, telling everyone that the guitar was plugged back into the amp fine.

"Okay. So to that guy who fell in love with his best friend, this song is called Everything I Ask for. And this goes out to you."

And they started playing it.

Stephen's eyes were glazed. He was gonna cry, I just knew it. 6 years of being best friends, I knew him better than anyone else did.

"Oh, she makes me feel like shit!" The crowd sang along with Jawn.

A tear rolled down Stephen's cheek.

Even in the dark, I saw him. Only the stage was lit up in that venue and I still saw him crying.

He rushed to wipe his tear away and looked around to see if anyone saw him. He sighed in content thinking no one saw him.

I saw him.

He glanced over at me then he rolled his tear-filled eyes.

I sighed then felt something wet dripping down on my hand.

I looked up to the ceiling to see if anything was leaking.

But there was nothing up there but a dark dry ceiling.

I looked down at my hand on which some unidentified liquid fell.

I realized I was crying too.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok