Status: chasing flashing lights :---)

What Makes It Wrong for Us to Fall in Love?

We'll Talk in The Morning.

I don't have a best friend anymore.

That was the only thing going through my head when the door made a crack. The fact that my best friend didn't want me back anymore. The fact that my best friend just cut me off his life. The fact that I didn't even mean half as much to him as he did to me.

Before I could even walk out, a bare foot pushed the door close. A hand firmly gripped onto my wrist.

He rushed to pull me into his arms.

And before I even knew it his lips were on mine.

Stephen kissed me. He rested his forehead on mine and watched my tears subside.

"You said you weren't gonna go after me." I whined.

"I said I won't. I won't go after you because I won't even let you leave this room. You're a stupid girl, Jessica Bowen." He laughed and set his lips back on mine. "I love you."

I felt myself smiling into his lips. And damn, I was happy.

I was fucking happy.

He pulled back and picked up the necklace I threw on the floor. "Remember when I told you this is a key to something I'd never give anyone else?" He stared at the chain in his hand.

I nodded as he looked up.

"It wasn't just the fucking V card if you still know what that means." He walked over behind me and put my hair over my shoulder and started putting the necklace back on. "Stupid as it sounds, it was my heart too." He locked the chain.

"That doesn't sound stupid at all." I turned around and kissed him.

He kissed back.

Things went down.

One thing led to another, and the next thing I knew we were on his bed, our breathing getting really heavy and shit.

"Fuck," He broke the lip lock for a moment and brought his phone out of his pocket. He pressed a button then put it to his ear. "Hello? ...Yeah. No. No, I'm not... Yeah. I can't make it... I just.. Ugh. Josh, shut up! Yeah.. I won't come.. Tell the guys I'm sorry.. Yeah.. Okay.. Yeah.. Bye."

Things didn't at all get awkward after that, we just continued.

And while Stephen was slipping my sweater off, my phone rang.

"Ugh," Stephen groaned. "Fucking interruptions."

I laughed at his impatience.

He had my sweater completely off and I took my phone out of the pocket.

John was calling me.

"Hello?"

"Jess! Where are you guys? Josh said Stephen wasn't coming anymore! Are you still gonna come? Did you and Stephen make up? I'm in the bathroom right now. None of the guys know you talked to Stephen except Kennedy! Jess--"

"John, get off the phone!" Stephen groaned, loud enough for his brother to hear.

"Oh my God, you guys are in bed together, aren't you?!"

"What? Psh, no!" I almost yelled.

"What are you and Stephen doing then? I said make up, not make out! What the fuck Jess--"

"Oh my God," I muttered in annoyance.

"I have to go. I'll just tell the guys you're not coming either."

"Okay."

"Tell Stephen I'll be back in the morning--"

"Okay! Love you, John! Bye!" I cut him off and threw my phone away with Stephen pulling me down and flipping us over.

He gave me a peck at my lips then started his way down to my neck. "This tickling you?"

"No." I laughed, remembering the afternoon before he and I fought 6 weeks back. I wasn't tickled. I t just felt weird to get turned on by your best friend.

"Right." Stephen rolled his eyes and decided to just kiss me on my lips again.

"Have I told you you're a good kisser?" I mumbled.

"Yeah."

"Oh right." I closed my eyes.

I did call him a good kisser. Which sort of felt wrong that time, but then, I just couldn't help saying it.

That was exactly how it happened back in senior year.

Yes. We slept together back in senior year.

We never really talked about it ever again. It wasn't planned.

I guess we both were thinking: Hell, this is my best friend, I can lose my virginity to him/her.

When we got home, we were really exhausted from the walk and shit. Well, I was exhausted. Not Stephen though, so he decided to carry me half the way. He was taking me to his room and he almost dropped me. It was the way our eyes clicked onto each other's, and we couldn't help it and just started and things went too far. There was nothing stopping us. And that was when I thought that the necklace he gave me was the key to something he'd never give anyone else meant his virginity.

Wrong.

It was his heart he'd never give to anyone else but me.

"Stephen--"

"Shhhh. We'll talk in the morning."
♠ ♠ ♠
saw that coming?